VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I need to batch-demux AC3 audio from MPEG files. I looked at the command-line for DGMPGDec's DGIndex.exe program, and I can't find the option to ONLY demux the audio from an MPEG file (not saving a d2v project). Is there any way to do this from the command-line (the same thing as going to File --> Demux Audio Only)? On the side, is there any way to change the filename format of the demuxed audio (e.g. from "myfile.mpg" to "myfile.ac3" instead of something like "myfile T01 2_0ch 256Kbps.ac3")?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    super will do that

check ac3 audio only from the pull down menu, select your bit rate and drop all your files into supers window

there is also an option for stream copy, you will whatever audio stream is in each file
    each one will be a separate file
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not saving a d2v project).

Maybe. Try this in a batch file:

dir *.vob /b /on >voblist.txt

dgindex -BF=[voblist.txt] -FO=0 -IA=2 -OM=1 -OFD=[x]-EXIT

del *.d2v

for %%a in ("*.ac3") do delaycut -auto -fixcrc -out x.demuxed.ac3 "%%a"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    not saving a d2v project).

Maybe. Try this in a batch file:

dir *.vob /b /on >voblist.txt

dgindex -BF=[voblist.txt] -FO=0 -IA=2 -OM=1 -OFD=[x]-EXIT

del *.d2v

for %%a in ("*.ac3") do delaycut -auto -fixcrc -out x.demuxed.ac3 "%%a"
    Sorry to unearth this very old post, but it is basically the gist of my question. I am trying to batch index a bunch of mpg files while extracting their audio. I am not interested in deleting the .d2v like the OP in this thread, but rather in keeping the same name for the .d2v and .ac3 files as the input files. I can't figure out how to accomplish this.

If I have a mpglist.txt (or voblist.txt) that contains:
    SC S1E01.mpg
    SC S1E02.mpg
    SC S1E03.mpg

I would like to get .d2v and .ac3 of the same name (or ac3 files with all of the format info tacked on if that cannot be dropped). The batch file that soopafresh posted above names that files 'x'. Is there a way with a single batch file (or multiple if needed) to take the first line of the mpglist.txt file as an argument like %1 (and then the next line, etc) and use that to create the output names?

Also, what does the last line (for %%aa in...) do?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Found a thread over on Doom9 to help me figure this out.

Here is the bat file that I ended up with:
    Code:
    FOR /F "usebackq" %%A IN (`dir /b /on *.mpg`) DO dgindex -IF=[%%A] -FO=0 -AT=[template.avs] -OF=[%%~nA] -HIDE -EXIT
    The input filenames cannot have spaces or only the first portion of the name is passed to DGindex and things break.
    Quote Quote