VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

So I just got back from a vacation and my buddy had created a dvd video with audio of our pictures. The sad thing is that he has lost the memory card and deleted the pictures from his computer by accident. So, we have no .JPEG files (our pictures) and all we've got is this DVD that has all of our pictures buts its a video format (.IFO, .VOB. .BUP).

Ive tried few programs (DVD-Video Image Extractor, etc..) but they only allow me to capture still video images, which are not the same quality as his Canon camera and dont look quite as nice because it captures the whole screen image with borders and background .

My question is: Can I extract pictures or the actual .JPEG files from a dvd? Is this even possible? And if so, could you please provide the necessary links and guidelines if available...

Thanks a bunch!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, it is not possible.

However, you can get decent snapshots of the images by using VLC.

It will never equal the original jpgs, but it's probably your best option.

The only other possibility is if he actually stored the originals on the DVD (which I often do) along with the video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Supreme2k
    The only other possibility is if he actually stored the originals on the DVD (which I often do) along with the video.
    DAMN....That's got to be the best advice I've heard in a LONG time. THANK YOU

I've done several DVD slide shows and never thought to include the original picts in a subfolder

<homer simpson voice>
    DOH!
    </homer simpson voice>
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Supreme2K for your prompt reply. I see what you mean and im going to see if the quality of VLC is any better than previous softwares that I have tried.

And I've looked whether he saved the pictures in a subfolder...my luck, he didnt..All that is there are 2 folders....Audio_TS and Video_TS...and no subfolders with .jpeg files...((
    Quote Quote