VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 31
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by NIKOKnecht View Post
    Does it still work for VTM GO?
    See my previous post.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Is there an option to add an extra checkmark linked to : --no-check-certificate ?
    I'm having issues with URL's that have an https prefix
    I've tested this directly with youtube-dl, and it works.
    But I can't get the subs to list (even though they are present .. )
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Issue_SSL_Certificate_TVDownloader.png
Views:	164
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	54245  

Quote Quote  
  3. Having constantly the same issue since July 18th. Never had it before, although I'm only using Downloader recently.
    Seems to work still now and then - approximately every 10 times you run it.
    This is what I've tried:
    - reinstalled the app - WIN 10 PC
    - installed on a laptop with different OS - WIN 8
    - tried different locations, same ISE though.
    Nothing helped.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tegenwoordig heb ik dezelfde fout als Stijn M op de vrtnu website. Voorheen werkte alles perfect.
    vb. https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/als-de-dijken-breken/1/als-de-dijken-breken-s1a1-dijkring-14/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Radovedeh View Post
    Tegenwoordig heb ik dezelfde fout als Stijn M op de vrtnu website. Voorheen werkte alles perfect.
    vb. https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/als-de-dijken-breken/1/als-de-dijken-breken-s1a1-dijkring-14/
    Same here.
    For example this VRT series;

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/the-orderud-case/1/the-orderud-case-s1a6

Episode 1 and 6 do not work, the others do. Weird.

The ones that didn't I downloaded via http://downloadgemist.be/?page=about , it works but not as userfriendly.

Otherwise, as always, thank you, great tool this TVDownloader thingy, great.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    The recent issues with VRT are a pain, but I managed to deal with it through Kamala's suggestion on 18 April.

On my Windows 10 computer, I created a text file called "youtube-dl.conf" in the folder C:\Users\<user name>\ (locate your <user name> in the Users folder).

The contents of this file are as follows:

# Lines starting with # are comments
    # --verbose
    --no-check-certificate
    The "verbose" function has been commented out, but activating it (by removing the #) gives you some insight about the inner workings of TVDownloader.

The single important item is the "--no-check-certificate" that avoids the error message described. The download process is sluggish compared to previous usage, so something is still not quite right, but with some patience it will end up as desired.

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks! tried it out and works
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LZAA View Post
    Url?
    https://play.tv3.ee/salatoimikud-10907890
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How did you get this? Hint?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Released new version 1.19: fix for vrtnu.be, settings saved in registry (suggested by Ciber SLasH)

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by xplorr View Post
    Released new version 1.19: fix for vrtnu.be, settings saved in registry (suggested by Ciber SLasH)
    New version is flagged "suspicious" and blocked by F-Secure Client Security: Suspicious:W32/Malware!DeepGuard.

Surely a false positive?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jschrooyen View Post
    New version is flagged "suspicious" and blocked by F-Secure Client Security: Suspicious:W32/Malware!DeepGuard.

Surely a false positive?
    You can always try virustotal and see what several virus programs says.

See https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/f5552ea453d6cfa05bd6244226b8c250993c67e246a8e159e7...225d/detection (TVDownloader.exe) . 8 engines warns but as all identifies different "malware" I would say that it's 99% false positive. If several reported same I would be worried.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

Surely a false positive?
    Indeed a false positive.
    This is already described earlier in this thread. Because I use a scripting tool htaedit (now called vbsedit from vbsedit.com) which is also used by hackers to pack malicious scripts. Some engines "see" the footprint of this tool in the exe. In previous versions I took the effort to send requests to the major virus scanners to remove the false positives from their scans, but it's a real burden and I stopped doing this, because time-consuming and needs to be done for every new version.
    ps. by the way, the virus vendors always proved me right in the past
    ps. the false positives are from relatively unknown virus scanners, the major scanners like Avast, Microsoft, Symantec, Norton, AVG, Kaspersky, McAfee, etc mark it as safe.
    ps. if you really want to investigate yourself, install Sandboxie and run it there (I did it myself because I wasn't really sure about htaedit in the beginning).
    Last edited by xplorr; 25th Aug 2020 at 04:15.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by xplorr View Post

Surely a false positive?
    Indeed a false positive.
    This is already described earlier in this thread. Because I use a scripting tool htaedit (now called vbsedit from vbsedit.com) which is also used by hackers to pack malicious scripts. Some engines "see" the footprint of this tool in the exe. In previous versions I took the effort to send requests to the major virus scanners to remove the false positives from their scans, but it's a real burden and I stopped doing this, because time-consuming and needs to be done for every new version.
    ps. the false positives are from relatively unknown virus scanners, the major scanners like Avast, Microsoft, Symantec, Norton, AVG, Kaspersky, McAfee, etc mark it as safe.
    ps. if you really want to investigate yourself, install Sandboxie and run it there (I did it myself because I wasn't really sure about htaedit in the beginning).
    Thanks for the update, but could it be that VIER does not work anymore ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I haven't tried vier.be lately, but many sites are switching over to DRM. TVDownloader does not support DRM protected sites.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by xplorr View Post
    I haven't tried vier.be lately, but many sites are switching over to DRM. TVDownloader does not support DRM protected sites.
    No there is no DRM
    Netgemistdownloader works for VIER

Maby he is not using YouTubedl for his tool
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can also try the following:

• Open video in browser (Chrome/Edge/...) but don't start video.
    • Right click and select "Inspect" or press CTRL/SHFT/I
    • Open "Netwerk" tab in right pane.
    • In the filter field type ".m3u8"
    • Start the video in the left pane
    • Stop the video
    • Right click on the first "m3u8" entry and select "Copy Link Address"
    • Paste that url in TVDownloader

Good luck
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM

Surely a false positive?
    Indeed a false positive.
    Thanks for your detailed reply. This rings rather familiar: other examples (like the NirSoft utilities, which has a long and distinguished history, and whose developers have complained about this for years, having done the reporting to vendors you mentioned but to little avail) come to mind. Also well taken is your point about not all of the vendors being anything approaching equal. Several like Bitdefender and Eset definitely have my respect -- albeit with the caveat about these recurrent categories of false positive -- but other AV vendors are no-name pipsqueaks, not to be taken very seriously. Who the hell is Baidu or Jiangmin anyway ? What have they ever accomplished that might actually place them in the company of Avast, AVG, or Sophos ? I wouldn't put any credence in the Chinese sources, and certainly not when their own state hackers are out there doing nefarious deeds across the political realm and with commercial espionage.

As Baldrick suggests, use VirusTotal and look for patterns (of specific agreement, among the established AV "majors"), but do so with care, reading between the lines.
    Last edited by Seeker47; 25th Aug 2020 at 11:09.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by xplorr View Post
    You can also try the following:

• Open video in browser (Chrome/Edge/...) but don't start video.
    • Right click and select "Inspect" or press CTRL/SHFT/I
    • Open "Netwerk" tab in right pane.
    • In the filter field type ".m3u8"
    • Start the video in the left pane
    • Stop the video
    • Right click on the first "m3u8" entry and select "Copy Link Address"
    • Paste that url in TVDownloader

Good luck
    that worked! thanks,
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    As Baldrick suggests, use VirusTotal and look for patterns (of specific agreement, among the established AV "majors"), but do so with care, reading between the lines.
    Fully agree with your analysis @Seeker47! Thx!
    I use VirusTotal for years and indeed I interpret the results between the lines as @Baldrick did. Thx @Baldrick!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hi, I was downloading Thuis from VRTnu. Some of the downloads were going great until monday. The next day I got my download and it is keeping saying that the "codec" is missing. Can you fix that?

Thanks for the great programm.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by L1008 View Post
    Hi, I was downloading Thuis from VRTnu. Some of the downloads were going great until monday. The next day I got my download and it is keeping saying that the "codec" is missing. Can you fix that?

always give the video url so others can see if they get the same error and if it's not something to do with your pc so give the url of the episode
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by ChezBompaLawijt View Post
    Originally Posted by L1008 View Post
    Hi, I was downloading Thuis from VRTnu. Some of the downloads were going great until monday. The next day I got my download and it is keeping saying that the "codec" is missing. Can you fix that?

always give the video url so others can see if they get the same error and if it's not something to do with your pc so give the url of the episode
    Sorry, I don 't post a lot here. This is the URL https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/thuis/23/thuis-s23a4301/
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by L1008 View Post
    Originally Posted by ChezBompaLawijt View Post

Sorry, I don 't post a lot here. This is the URL https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/thuis/23/thuis-s23a4301/
    yeah i understand the problem is not tvdownloader it's on vrt's side the video is not available on there you need to wait till they fix it but i doubt it since it's a video from 27th july the best thing to do is to send them a email on there socials and tell them that this video is not working goodluck
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by ChezBompaLawijt View Post
    Originally Posted by ChezBompaLawijt View Post

yeah i understand the problem is not tvdownloader it's on vrt's side the video is not available on there you need to wait till they fix it but i doubt it since it's a video from 27th july the best thing to do is to send them a email on there socials and tell them that this video is not working goodluck
    Yeah, This video was online until yesterday. But the others are having the same problem too. https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/thuis/23/thuis-s23a4307/
    Like this one, https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/thuis/25/thuis-s25a4834/. I downloaded it in the weekend, it worked fine with audio and video. But if I download it again today I only have the sound. You have the same problem?
    Quote Quote  
  26. hello guys pls help dowloand this video https://www.ctv.ca/shows/love-island/episode-8-s2e8
    Quote Quote