VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What was your favorite star wars movie?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Mine was Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I lean towards The Empire Strikes Back, although A New Hope is great. I like Phantom Menace too. The rest of them not so much.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A New Hope, saw it when it was originally released, when it was re-released a few years later and many years later when George decided to mess it up with additional footage. The new cgi couldn't compare to the use of models.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like them all (big surprise huh? )

I guess I'd have to say A New Hope is my favorite. But I like them all more or less equally. Yes the prequels a little less than the originals but not for the reasons others have. I don't think they're trite or ridiculous or unneccessary. I just don't think they are quite as tight as the originals in terms of overall story arc.

I obviously have all of them on dvd. I have the originals on dvd twice so I can have the laserdisc dubs on the individual disc release they did.

I am uncertain about buying them on bluray. I think in the end I will have them on bluray eventually. I won't be preordering however.

I would think about buying the bonus discs seperately on ebay. That would be worth it I believe if I can find them separately that is

Edit - I can predict with about 90% certainty Empire Strikes Back will win the vote in the end.

I think thats a bit of a disservice to the original (episode 4) as there was nothing wrong with that one in my opinion.

Yes I can understand Return of the Jedi being seen as the weakest of the original but it is still satisfying to wrap up the original trilogy and seeing another death star bite the dust
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    4 and 6 many times, 1 and 2 a few times. 5 and 3 only once each, didn't like them at all. I do own all 6.
    Quote Quote  
  6. They're coming out on Blu-Ray soon (September, IIRC). Yeah, of course I'll get them on Blu-Ray. Fingers crossed, hoping they do a good job of it.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. A New Hope (original theatrical version, without the so-called "enhanced" CGI and modified scenes etc)... That "Greebo shoots first" thing was a fiasco. I mean, c'mon.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When will we see an "Official" release of "A Wookie Holiday"? I vaguely remember seeing it on TV, but it's Star Wars.

Or maybe it was called "The Star Wars Holiday Special".
    Last edited by V Bot; 27th Jun 2011 at 00:08.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They're all okay. Maybe when they come out on BR I'll have a favorite. I have all the episodes on DVD but never saw any of them in a theater.
    I do watch them every couple of years or so. When I do, I start with the time line sequence rather than their release dates.

And, I watch them one after the other.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cal_tony
    Maybe when they come out on BR I'll have a favorite.
    You don't have long to wait. Thats in September as has been previously mentioned. I don't have the exact release date on hand.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They were all enjoyable, but The Empire Strikes Back was my personal favorite.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet
    They were all enjoyable
    You know thats an excellent word you used there.

I wonder how many people that say they "hate" the prequels really despised every minute of them? How many really watched all three prequels and at least had an enjoyable time?

I mean when does an action flick have to be perfect? My god look at the Lethal Weapon series or Die Hard. They aren't exactly high-brow spiritual thought provoking films. But lots of people enjoy them.

I think that has to be part of whats going on with the "hatred" of the prequels. Sure they may not be the same as the original movies but do they have to be? If you get some fun out of a two hour movie whats the harm?

I don't think it is a crime to admit you like something others turn their nose up at.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the last one
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lots of Trek vs Wars confusion here.

These kids have no education ... bet the Chinese kids know Trek vs Wars.

OOps ... a separate poll. For StarWars, the first (Episode IV), the rest were sequel extensions.
    Last edited by edDV; 28th Jun 2011 at 22:57.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  15. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    My vote went to the 3rd episode, but only because the 9th episode still is just an unpublished fanfic ("Second Revenge Of The Sith").

Quote Quote  
  16. Actually, George lucas, himself has actually written the screen play for episodes 7-9. He wrote all to the movies at the same time, thinking that he was only going to make one movie. But, the script got really "fat" as he says in An Empire of Dreams, so he decided to just make the middle part into a three-part trilogy. He then later made the prequal trilogy. Maybe he'll make episodes 7-9 someday, and when he does, I'll be sitting in the front row of the theater watchin them?

Anyway, may all time favorite has toe be Empire Strikes Back. I can't wait untill Adywan finishes his super-special-awesome fan edit. Irven Kershner used to rock until he died. Revenge of the Sith is a close second, and Attack of the Clones is a third.

It's too bad that so many people seem to hate the prequils, in a lot of ways, they really are better than the originals, although they I deffinately wouldn't say that any one of the movies is "all-around better" than any other movie. Let's face it, Star Wars rules!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tsjnachos
    Actually, George lucas, himself has actually written the screen play for episodes 7-9. He wrote all to the movies at the same time, thinking that he was only going to make one movie. But, the script got really "fat" as he says in An Empire of Dreams, so he decided to just make the middle part into a three-part trilogy. He then later made the prequal trilogy. Maybe he'll make episodes 7-9 someday, and when he does, I'll be sitting in the front row of the theater watchin them?
    I have to watch that again. I don't think that is accurate. I seem to remember hearing on separate occasions that 7-9 never existed.

The way I recall it is that the prequel was the back story to the main star wars movie. He made the first one "a New hope" way too large and split it up. I don't think that anything was officially written (ie not filmed yet but ready to go - I don't think that was the case) for events after vader died in Jedi.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Mad Magazines #196 and #203 come to mind.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    My favorite one was episode II
    Quote Quote