VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!
    I'm using DLP 2 and i'm really happy with it but i have two small problems
    when i'm adding audio into my menu...

1. I followed Reboot's great tutorial and rendered the Scene selection menu to motion menu.
    then, i wanted to add the Movie's soundtrack as an audio to my Scene selection,
    menu and since DLP only takes elementary streams, so i had to save it as wav (VDubMOD),
    cut it (MP3 Wav Splitter) and the encode it to AC3 (DAudioK).
    so i did all that, but when i play it on my DVD-Player - i'v only heard strident sound instead...
    i know theres a shorter and safer way to do it like demuxing audio (VDubMOD) and cutting
    but i couldnt find a cutting tool wich i can also hear the AC3 so i can know where to cut it...
    anyway, i almost sure i'm hearing this strident sound because of bad conversion (wav to ac3) with DAudioK,
    i was hoping you can tell me what causing it by looking at this:

2. in other project, after rendering to a motion menu, i defined the
    motion items to repeat themself,
    the trouble is that the Audio i added is repeating itself too!!!
    is there any chance that the Audio wont be affected from the motion's item repeat?

Any help appreciated!
    Thank you!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Working backwards, DVD is video driven. If your audio is longer than your video, and you want the video to run as long as the audio track, you have to make the video as long as the audio track. A 30 second video clip will run 30 seconds, regardless of how long the audio is. Just as you cannot have continuous audio when you jump between menus, neither can you have continuous audio when you repeat a menu. Make you video and audio the same length - always.

Without hearing the audio ir is difficult to tell exactly what is going on. Assuming the wav sounded fine, and the ac3 (even if played in isolation through VLC, for example) is off, encoding seems the likely suspect. Try Aften with EncWAV2AC3 and see if you get a better result.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Assuming the wav sounded fine, and the ac3 (even if played in isolation through VLC, for example) is off,
    indeed, i tryed to play it in VLC and i got the same strident sound...
    i guess i did something wrong during conversion...
    anyway, i'll try Aften, Thanks!

Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Just as you cannot have continuous audio when you jump between menus, neither can you have continuous audio when you repeat a menu.
    ohh..
    is it DLP limitations?
    or is it somethin about the DVD-Video stracture limitations?

Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Make you video and audio the same length - always.,
    i have disc capacity limit...
    and i think that if i'll fit the motion to audio length it'll definitely cross this limit...

Thanks for the great help man!
    appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A minute or so is as much audio as you should ever use for a menu background then have a play button of some sort activate even if it's only to take you to another menu screen.

I use Audacity to import and edit audio then the TMPGEnc AC-3 plug-in to convert from within the DLP tools menu. (You don't need to open TMPGEnc). That produces a 100% DVD compliant AC-3 track every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is a DVD specification limitation. DLP chooses not to encode your video by default (and older versions had no capacity to encode at all). Other authoring tools might choose to encode a looped video for you, but I prefer DLPs way. Personally, I prep all my assets before I get there.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. ntscuser, guns1inger,
    Thanks for your help!

I used EncWavToAc3 and it did great!
    Quote Quote