VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My amd card died on me so i bought a nvidia card I was wondering does it support cuda? I cannot find it in the options in the program. I installed handbrake and all i see in the program it saids nvidia nvenc. I looked at handbrake documents it saids it said nothing about cuda? How can i tell if vidcoder supports cuda? I know its base off handbrake. I forgot to add i am planning to use cuda to covert blu ray to x264 with cuda if it has it.
    Last edited by Wizard23; 11th Jan 2019 at 19:26.
    Quote Quote  
  2. On Nvidia's newer graphics cards NVENC has replaced CUDA for video encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    You will probably get better quality using a software encoder than NVENC. The latter is most useful for realtime encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  4. as a side note: both the old 'cuda' named encoder and 'nvenc' use the vpu and not the gpu, so the CUDA-API isn't used by any of them.

I forgot to add i am planning to use cuda to covert blu ray to x264 with cuda if it has it.
    x264 = encoder which created H.264 content
    cuda = a parallel computing platform and programming model developed by NVIDIA for general computing on graphical processing units (GPUs), it's used through the CUDA application interface.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote