VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm new here and also to video editing.
    I would like to edit video clip of david bowie's I'm derailed where you see a car driving at night on a road without lights.
    I would like to make a transition from normal "positive" to "negative" over the coarse of the video clip.
    I there a software application that supports this? I tried openshot which can apply a Negative filter, but that is applied over the whole clip.

many thanks,

Geert
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can workaround limitations and create signal flow with two videos - first original, second negative copy of original - then you can mix (overlay) video as you wish and where (transition point) you wish.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Note that in the middle of the final result the frame will be flat medium grey.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 7th May 2018 at 12:55.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi,

I achieved the transition described above with openshot. Indeed in the middle of the video clip, the image is flat grey.
    This is OK for me as I don't know another way to make the transition
    Quote Quote  
  5. Flat grey for relatively slow and linear transition - for S curve with sufficiently fast mid part, flat grey can be avoided also S curve is more natural from human perspective than simple linear .
    Quote Quote