VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, all.

I've been asked by a friend to create some videos that will include text overlays with hyperlinks (much like the adverts that overlay YouTube videos). This is something I've not done before and have no idea how to do.

I routinely use kdenlive for video editing, and occasionally OpenShot and ShotCut. In none of these do I see any way of adding hyperlinked overlays. Does anyone know whether this is in fact possible?

Thanks in anticipation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Note that a clickable link overlay is not part of the video; not on YouTube, nor anywhere else. Instead it is a layer in the webpage.
    If this video is hosted on YouTube, you need to add this overlay content within YouTube's system. Enough YouTube videos on how to do that. Adwords account and all that.
    If this video is hosted on your friends own website, then you're free to build the layer yourself with any content you want. Then it is not a video question, but a website building question. Note that most CMSs may not provide tools for this, they're mostly about “insert video here. done”.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the response, Case. I imagined this to be so.

I'm custom building the web site as well, so will find a HTML5/Javascript/CSS solution.
    Quote Quote