VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    What I can't believe is that anyone in 2018 still cares about VHS.

Why won't you guys just let that horrible technology die already, throw those VCRs and VHS tapes in the trash and join the 21st century already.
    It can't get "21st century"ier than owning a 65" 4K OLED TV, But hey you can't ignore history, There are some valuable home videos out there that need to be brought to this 21st century and the only way do do it is using this "horrible VHS technology".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    What I can't believe is that anyone in 2018 still cares about VHS.

Why won't you guys just let that horrible technology die already, throw those VCRs and VHS tapes in the trash and join the 21st century already.
    I could understand your point if we were talking about transferring video to VHS for daily use but we are not. There is still a lot of content locked on the analog side of the divide, a good 3 decades or more of video content. And I'm to just throw away 100hrs of hours of tapes that never made it DVD? Not to mention all the historical news stuff and home videos.
    Quote Quote  
  3. After a good bit of capturing, things have been consistent across my JVC VCRs (9911, 9500, DVS3U). AUTO/NORM w/TBC for everything except...

1) Really good camcorder tapes (EDIT w/TBC looks best)
    2) Tapes with wrinkles, especially along the edge (TBC just makes any tearing or jumping worse)
    3) Some tapes recorded in the oddball LP speed (For whatever reason, possibly my old RCA VCR where I used LP a lot, AUTO/NORM on LP looks really soft)

I've had just a couple of EP VHS copies that were SOOOO soft in AUTO/NORM, I went ahead and used EDIT for some "texture" / fake detail.

Also, I like more traditional Mexican tacos with soft corn tortillas and plenty of onions and cilantro.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by leeoverstreet View Post
    Also, I like more traditional Mexican tacos with soft corn tortillas and plenty of onions and cilantro.
    MMmm... street tacos.
    Don't forget the tomato, and a dusting of feta cheese gives it more flavor.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote