VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi,
    how to extract second audio track from avi file? i tried goldwave and ffmpeg and everytime i get the first audio track.

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    virtualdubmod, stream->stream list and select the audio track and select demux or save wav.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I second Baldrick's suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=282094 sounds JUST like your problem.

Extract audio to WAV using VirtualDubMod

Don't anyone check the Guides section any more ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure about ffmpeg, but with mplayer/mencoder you can use -aid # or -alang to specify what stream you want.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On my older computer with vista I could use the virtualdubmod, but now I have win 7 64 bit and I can't install virtualdubmod ( I can't run VirtualDubMod.exe) I get an error message
    • "Corona.dll Not Found"
    • "This application failed to start because corona.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
    • I searched though for it in Start/search and there were a few so I copied and pasted in the folder of Virtualdubmod. I did the same with the other 2 dll-s missing (ogg, vorbis). I hope that not ccleaner or registrymechanic deleted them. Cheers.
    Last edited by mkvonly; 11th Jun 2010 at 07:42. Reason: I found solution meanwhile.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen that happen a number of times when the folder structure isn't extracted from the (VirtualDubMod) archive properly. (Why they didn't just go ahead and create an installer, I don't know.)

Also, if you open the archive, are those files (corona.dll, etc.) present in it? Some VirtualDubMod archives are actually meant as 'upgrade'/patch archives, only containing the main .exe and some other files, and are supposed to be copied over an existing VirtualDubMod setup.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    mkvonly - You are new here, so welcome, but please don't post to old threads again. The original thread was about extracting a secondary audio file from AVI files. You posted to tell us that you can't install VirtualDubMod under Win 7 64 bit. That doesn't help the original thread, which is NOT about installing VirtualDubMod. Really if you needed to post, you should have started a new thread. If a thread is over 6 months old here, you probably shouldn't post to it unless you have an answer to a question that nobody has answered, such as an unlock code for a specific DVD player. Your post was not really helpful to the point of the original thread. I'm sorry you had problems with VirtualDubMod, but this was not the place to tell us about it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    jman98
    Searching in google for extract secondary audio from avi I found this threat.
    The answer is clear: virtualdubmod, which works perfectly now since I found my dll-s on my pc (as explained).
    And if in the future people will have problem with installing it ( on win 7 64 bit) they got the solution.
    R: "That doesn't help the original thread..."
    My input is more useful then yours I'm afraid. With your attitude you just put off people coming and posting here (about their experiences & problems) Mr. No Help but Bully Veteran.
    Quote Quote