VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to make music-only cds from movies/TV shows that have 5.1 audio. After demuxing, I separate the 6 tracks with Belight (with no Advanced Options clicked) into 6 mono tracks. Usually the LFE channel is blank, and C channel has most of the dialogue, so I only use the other 4 channels, combine them in Nero Soundtrax, and export that as 2-channel stereo. I get some sound FX, but minimal or no dialogue.
    Is this the best method? Does it matter if I include all 4 channels (the S channels are fairly quiet)? What, if any, Advanced Options should I use in Belight? Is there a way to get Belight to only produce certain channels from the start so I wouldn't have to go thru the Soundtrax part?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a better solution for you though it may not be available on all dvds.

Many -but not all- dvds include a dolby 2.0 pro logic track. This is ideal for cd creation. This is pure stereo but has surround info encoded in it. It won't make the resulting cd sound echoey at all just pure stereo.

Just be sure to not select a commentary track that will also be stereo.

Also I believe if you use besweet the main program you can use the option to convert directly to wave stereo.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Many -but not all- dvds include a dolby 2.0 pro logic track. This is ideal for cd creation. This is pure stereo but has surround info encoded in it.
    While none of the dvds I'm working with have Pro logic 2 (unless it's the same as Surround 2.0 ?), when I do encounter it, how would I separate the channels appropriately? If looks like it's 2-channel but a dvd player decodes it into 5 channels?

Originally Posted by yoda313
    Also I believe if you use besweet the main program you can use the option to convert directly to wave stereo.
    So Besweet will allow me to choose whatever combination of channels I want from 5.1 and export the whole shebang as a stereo wave?

In case it helps to be specific, one of the movies I'm using has 3 audio formats I can choose:
    English (DTS); English (Dolby Digital 5.1); English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono).

Some TVseries dvds have 2 audio formats:
    English (Dolby Digital 5.1); English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It seems I misunderstood your procedure slightly. I assumed you were merely wanting to downcompress your 5.1 to simple stereo. But you actually want to eliminate the center channel is that it?

If that is the case then you can't do it in one shot in besweet. You would still need to seperate to individual wavs and then merge the ones you want to keep.

You SHOULD be able to go from 5.1 to straight stereo no problem in besweet with the wave-stereo option. Been a little while since I've done that exact transfer.

It looks like your process you have right now might be your best bet.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote