VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to search on this site and google for a fix to this but didn't know proper keywords (and didn't find answer). Here's my problem: I'm encoding sttng episodes from dvd to mp4/avc and one file, season 1/disc 4/video 3/title "11001001" and noticed a problem that I've never seen before. The video is zoomed in to the right 2/3's side of the screen. I've seen this before on a sttng video that someone else did too. I suspect that either the encoder had a snafu or perhaps there's something wrong with the source files. The source vob on the hd looks correct, but the file doesn't. I've played it in quicktime and vlc, same results. Here's what I'm working with: I ripped the dvd with the most current mactheripper beta, separated the episode vobs with dvdshrink (on the xp side) and told it to make one big vob file for each episode (so visualhub wouldn't bitch at me and make it easier to batch process multiple episodes at a time), visualhub 1.31. All the other videos in the batch encoded correctly. I was thinking of trying ripit4me and dvdfab platinum to see if I did a pass-thru, it might fix the files (if that's even the problem). I'm going to try encoding again to see if it was just a fluke. If it doesn't has anyone seen/experienced this before and found a cure?

I'm on leopard and have xp available if needed for any win32 tools.

I'm going to retry this with handbrake to see if that encodes it the right way while I'm waiting for anyone's help here.
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's my visualhub settings file that I use for this series, in case that might help too.

settings.vhub
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fb314
    I ripped the dvd with the most current mactheripper beta, separated the episode vobs with dvdshrink (on the xp side) and told it to make one big vob file for each episode (so visualhub wouldn't bitch at me and make it easier to batch process multiple episodes at a time).
    Why don't you use just MacTheRipper for all those steps? I doubt it relates to any kind of zoom-like behavoir, but it seems overly complicated when the tool you're already using can do that.
    Quote Quote