VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, i have a DVD (from TV not encrypted) that i want to share with a friend, i read the FAQ here so after failed with DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink even with last version of AnyDVD the only one who worked was DVDFab Decrypter, it take 30 Hours to extract file from DVD !!!

Now i have the files on my hard drive but they are not watchable, and i test to burn them on a DVD , DVD then won't work, i tried VideoReDo Plus with one .VOB file he say "try tool > quick stream fix", i try result was Bad result : many audio and video de-synchronized

So i ask what is the best software to Try to re-synchronize the files i have now on my hard drive ?

Thank's
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    does the original dvd work fine to play with your dvd player? and software dvd player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    does the original dvd work fine to play with your dvd player? and software dvd player?
    Good question, he work on of my old DVD player ( LG ) but not on the recent one i just buy ( Nec ) and he don't work on my standalone DVD player on my TV, so yes the original have a problem but as he work on my old LG DVD burner on my PC i just want to make a second DVD who can do the same
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you still have the vob files, try vobmerge, followed by vob2mpg, then reauthor this to a new DVD.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    If you still have the vob files, try vobmerge, followed by vob2mpg, then reauthor this to a new DVD.
    I still have them (take me 30 Hours to have them i won't delete them)

I'll try what you just say

Thank's
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    OK so vobmerge worked fine, i have now a 4 Gb file, i tested to see it, first part work fine and in second part video and audio synchronization problem start

Then i used vob2mpg which didn't worked (i installed it fine), i think at that point i'll need a software who try to repare the synchronization problem of the 4 Gb file i have now, which one should i use ?

Thank's
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like you might not have rescued all of the files. There may be data corruption causing the sync problems

If a file is out of sync the whole way through, it can be fixed with a delay to make it start earlier or later.

If audio drifts out of sync over time because of framerate changes, sync can be restored by altering the length of the file through stretching.

In your case, the file is in sync for most of it, then it drops out. You need to work out where it breaks (hopefully only at one point), edit the audio at thei point to restore sync going forward, then put it all back together again. Some video editors will allow you to do this, as will most audio editors.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    It sounds like you might not have rescued all of the files. There may be data corruption causing the sync problems
    Seem no, look i just take screenshot of both the inside of the DVD here http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snag0001jc3.jpg and the folder with all the filles from the DVD plus the big 4 Gb i created using VOBMerge called ee.mpg http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snag0000pw0.jpg

Originally Posted by guns1inger
    If a file is out of sync the whole way through, it can be fixed with a delay to make it start earlier or later.

If audio drifts out of sync over time because of framerate changes, sync can be restored by altering the length of the file through stretching.

In your case, the file is in sync for most of it, then it drops out. You need to work out where it breaks (hopefully only at one point), edit the audio at thei point to restore sync going forward, then put it all back together again. Some video editors will allow you to do this, as will most audio editors.
    Yes but which solftware can do that ? the synchronization problem is not simple, sometime it's video who stop and not audio sometime all stop etc...

The question is Why the DVD work fine with my old LG DVD burner and not when i extract the DVD files on my PC ?

Thank's
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like you have all the files, however that doesn't mean that the contents are all OK.

sometime it's video who stop and not audio sometime all stop
    This makes it sound like the files are in pretty bad shape. If you play back just the VOBs do you get the same problems ?

If you get the same problems from the VOBs, you should just ditch them and try to rip them again. Or perhaps you need to play the video from your LG into a DVD recorder and do an analogue transfer, if this is the only machnine that can play them. If it took 30 hours to get them onto the PC, then there is certainly something very wrong with the disc. If the LG will play them and you can get a copy, that mmay be your best bet.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    This makes it sound like the files are in pretty bad shape. If you play back just the VOBs do you get the same problems ?
    Yes

Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Or perhaps you need to play the video from your LG into a DVD recorder and do an analogue transfer, if this is the only machnine that can play them. If it took 30 hours to get them onto the PC, then there is certainly something very wrong with the disc. If the LG will play them and you can get a copy, that mmay be your best bet.
    What is a analogue transfer ? how to do that ? my LG PLayer is not a standalone player, it's a old DVD burner in my PC

Thank's
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does your graphics card support video out, perhaps through an s-video connection ? Plug this, plus the audio out form your audio card into a DVD Recorder and dub this way.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Does your graphics card support video out, perhaps through an s-video connection ? Plug this, plus the audio out form your audio card into a DVD Recorder and dub this way.
    I see... but my standalone DVD recorder is at the opposite side of my apartment...

Thank's anyway for all you help
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by lupio
    Hi, i have a DVD (from TV not encrypted) that i want to share with a friend, i read the FAQ here so after failed with DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink even with last version of AnyDVD the only one who worked was DVDFab Decrypter, it take 30 Hours to extract file from DVD !!!Thank's
    You need to stop and backup. DVD Decrypter should have been able to copy that DVD.
    If it did not then you must have not finalized or closed the dvd.
    Does your DVD recorder have a option to close the DVD?

If not load DVD Decrypter goto tools and try to close the disk.
    Quote Quote