VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear Friends,

I'm looking for a software that can Add/Edit/Remove the meta data of a video. Can anyone knows about that, Pls let me know..

Thankx

Quote Quote  
  2. You have to be far more specific. There are many types of files and many different methods of storing metadata.
    Quote Quote  
  3. eg. with ffmpeg ..

ffmpeg -metadata title="TITLE" -metadata artist="ARTIST" -metadata date=DATE -metadata genre="GENRE" -metadata comment="COMMENT" -acodec copy -vcodec copy -i old.mkv new.mkv
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thankx friends... I'll Try it..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    is there a cleaner way to obtain just the metadata w/out all the other junk ?

ffmpeg -i g:\video.xvid.avi -f ffmetadata

Code:
    ffmpeg version N-50025-gb8bb661 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
      built on Feb 17 2013 02:37:45 with gcc 4.7.2 (GCC)
      configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
      libavutil      52. 17.101 / 52. 17.101
      libavcodec     54. 91.103 / 54. 91.103
      libavformat    54. 63.100 / 54. 63.100
      libavdevice    54.  3.103 / 54.  3.103
      libavfilter     3. 38.100 /  3. 38.100
      libswscale      2.  2.100 /  2.  2.100
      libswresample   0. 17.102 /  0. 17.102
      libpostproc    52.  2.100 / 52.  2.100
    Trailing options were found on the commandline.
    Input #0, avi, from 'g:\video.xvid.avi':
      Metadata:
        title           : Sample
        encoder         : Lavf54.63.100
      Duration: 00:00:00.10, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 3261 kb/s
        Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Simple Profile) (FMP4 / 0x34504D46), yuv420p, 720x480 [SAR 8:9 DAR 4:3], 23.98 tbr, 23.98 tbn, 24k tbc
        Stream #0:1: Audio: mp3 (U[0][0][0] / 0x0055), 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 128 kb/s
    At least one output file must be specified
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vhelp View Post
    is there a cleaner way to obtain just the metadata w/out all the other junk ?
    Without re-writing the source-code plus re-compiling the damn binary... I think it's very-unlikely
    That's what I had to do to dcaenc for example, because Lord Mulder (like every good German) likes to overcomplicate all things...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thats unfortunate. anyway. i found a pretty old copy of exiftool in my tools folder. and as it turns out, it gives a clean list of all the files metadata. also, it will give you just the "element" you specifiy, i.e., exiftool title, exiftool framerate, ...

i dont' know if it writes them, only tested read. but we can use ffmpeg for that, since that is how i was able to test on the xvid file. i guess we are limited to what ffmpeg will write to a certain media, i.e., xvid, mpeg, ... and of course, our knowledge of these tools and whatnot. it did not write to an .hm10 nor to one after muxing to .mp4 container. i guess its not in the spec yet for hevc videos.
    Quote Quote  
  8. " it did not write to an .hm10"
    and hopefully never will, that's RAW video, without headers which are ment to contain tagging, adding tags would break the format -> bad idea
    tagging mp4 works fine with in example mp4box
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the ffmpeg version i was using would not write the metadata to the .hm10 -> .mp4 i created through the muxing method for x265->hevc encoded videos:

Code:
    w/out audio 
    mp4box -add g:\video.hm10:fmt=hevc: -fps 23.976 -new g:\video.mp4 

w/audio/video 
    mp4box -add g:\video.hm10:fmt=hevc: -fps 23.976 -add g:\audio.aac -new g:\video.mp4
    is there another commandline tool to write simple metadata like ffmpeg ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. the ffmpeg version
    yes, that version exactly, that's probably the cause of the other guy, next to that guy,....
    -> No clue which version you use.

is there another commandline tool to write simple metadata like ffmpeg ?
    What's wrong with using mp4box for mp4?

---
    btw. "last: 12.29.06" -> shouldn't that be 12.06.29 or 29.06.12?
    (having the number of the day in the middle of a date seems wrong)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i did not know mp4box also writes tag/metadata info. i will look into..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mohansliit View Post
    I'm looking for a software that can Add/Edit/Remove the meta data of a video.
    So you can claim someone elses work as your own?
    Quote Quote