VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I've downloaded a program called FFDSHOW and installed it to Virtualdub. However, I am not getting proper way of using it. It does appear on the compression and there are bunch of filter lists. I've also made it pop up on VirtualDub filter. When I crop and resize videos, I get the problem such as double videos and colour issues. Can somebody explain clearly how to use it? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Based on your description i can speculate only that your issue is YCbCr vs RGB. ffdshow itself is very outadated and practically not in use nowadays. Instead using VirtualDub with ffdshow you may give a chance to VirtualDub fork - VirtualDub2 support more color spaces and more modern codecs than ffdshow trough ffmpeg if i recall correctly. If you insist to use Virtualdub then perhaps you need to force support to all "YUV" (you need to select explicitly that for example ffdshow must support decoding for all "YUV" - this is done by configuring ffdshow - activate support for those colorspaces. You may also try to use for decoding modern version of ffdshow called lavfilters however it is focused on decoding only thus no encoders.
    Quote Quote  
  3. How do I use FFDShow as compression in Virtualdub? I've checked the box filters, but it's nothing when I render videos.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jseo13579 View Post
    How do I use FFDShow as compression in Virtualdub? I've checked the box filters, but it's nothing when I render videos.
    Have no ffdshow and virtualdub so i can't support you on how to configure ffdshow to encode (and i simply don't remember as i'm not using virtual dub with ffdshow from few years) - i did some quick check that Virtualdub2 has ffmpeg and x264/x265 compressors so if you are searching something that can replace virtualdub and ffdshow then i would recommend virtualdub2 instead.
    Sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  5. No problem.Thanks for your reply.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jseo13579 View Post
    How do I use FFDShow as compression in Virtualdub?
    Video -> Compresssion -> ffdshow Video Codec -> Configure -> Encoder tab... select encoder and configure. But ffdshow only supports a handful of encoders now, none of which is a high compression "delivery" format.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, last ffdshow with support to wide spectrum of encoders was 'ffdshow_rev3572_20100913' .
    Quote Quote  
  8. Is there DIVX compression for Virtualdub? Is so, how do I get it?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I recommend Xvid over Divx. Xvid is still available as a VFW codec -- what VirtualDub uses. I'm not sure about Divx.

https://www.xvid.com/download/
    Quote Quote  
  10. You can use XVid and just configure XVid to use DIVX fourcc code instead default one.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I've checked Xvid and DIVX fourcc is not available
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jseo13579 View Post
    I've checked Xvid and DIVX fourcc is not available
    Yes it is. Choose any of the non-Xvid presets, click on the Other Options button at the bottom center of the dialog, then select the fourcc:

[Attachment 47151 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote