VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, here it goes.....

I have a HP7935 with an Athlon 1.3 and 512MB Ram, running WinXp Pro With Sp1, as a 2nd computer. The mother board is a A7V-VM, it is the orginal one that came with the computer. When I do a shutdown / restart, windows says computer shutting down / saving files etc. Then it either hangs just before it restarts and the screen distorts, OR it acts like it is gonna restart and the screen goes blank, but it never does, it just sits there. I have tried reinstalling windows, changed the ram out with new, disconnect everything other than the HD, and have upgraded the VIA chipset drivers.

You guys got any ideas other than a fried MB or Processor .
    sFX WE
    Quote Quote  
  2. I doubt your motherboard or CPU is fried. It wouldn't work otherwise.
    Try to reset the bios and change the main settings back.
    The bios could be bad though, ram or even something to do with Windows.
    Really have not heard much on that type of problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well hell, I'm an idiot , I just realized I did leave one NIC card in the bottom pci slot. I am gonna remove it, lol, I bet thats the problem. Should take me about 15 min or so to post my results.......let ya know in just a min or so.
    sFX WE
    Quote Quote  
  4. I dunno how I missed that freakn NIC card, but I did, and wouldn't ya know, lol, that was the problem...... Sorry for wast'n your time peeps, my bad. I feel like an idiot, as I know better than that.......geez
    sFX WE
    Quote Quote