VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

So I've ripped a bunch of episodes from my dvds of a tv show, because I'd like to replace the audio tracks. The dvds are missing a lot of the music present in the tv broadcast.
    I have all of the original tv version audio tracks, and I'd like to know if there is a software that could automatically synchronize those tracks with the dvd tracks (they contain the same dialogue, but a few black screens for commercials breaks would create delays).

I often use Subtitle Speech Synchronizer , it syncs the subtitles to the audio tracks I use as reference, and it works very well. So is there a speech synchronizer that would do the same but with two audio files?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Nothing fully automatic, but PluralEyes, and Premiere's Merge along w Synchronize, can take much of the manual work out of it. Those are mainly geared toward syncing clips in a multicamera recording & editing setup.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Right, so nothing free?
    All I have that I bought on my computer is Sony Vegas Pro, but I don't think I can synchronize audio tracks with it, not unless I do everything manually for each file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No, nothing free.

If you want to try doing it manually, Vegas can certainly work with you. If you need steps/pointers, look up one of my past posts on the subject, as I know I discussed it here years ago.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've just installed the shareware version of PluralEyes, it's compatible with Vegas Pro. And it seems to work, it says "clips synchronized", it adjusts them slightly but they're not synchronized, they're still very out of sync. I'm surprised, I read a lot of positive reviews about this software. But maybe it's not made for that kind of audio?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Nico Darko View Post
    (they contain the same dialogue, but a few black screens for commercials breaks would create delays).
    Thank you.
    Split the tracks up into separate clips where the breaks occur, output them as individual wavs, then load those into PluralEyes.

That said, given that TV shows exist fairly large chunks, you should be able to manually sync it up in Vegas using the waveforms as a guide fairly easily.
    Quote Quote