VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. argh,.. too many parameters in AnimeIVTC (the script not the parameters you chose) for me to go through that to figuring out what really happens there.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's field blended mode. In case it works it might help with my Evangelion master. Not exactly sure as it's blending is way more weird
    Last edited by rrats; 22nd Jul 2022 at 04:27.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, guys.

So, how you guys can resolve this half-blended telecine, with the footage i send on this thread?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Most efficient way would be inserting the QTGMC double frame rate deinterlaced video into a video editor such as Premiere Pro and look for blended frames, then replace them with non blended duplicates. Since it's animation it should be possible for the most part. Awfully hard but it's the only way I know of that works most of the times
    Quote Quote  
  5. Some de-blending filters can make a little difference tho
    Quote Quote  
  6. AnimeIVTC or srestore leave quite a few problems with blends and bad scene changes.

You can start with that, and clean the remaining blends and fix the rest by compositing/paint/clone parts of frames with photoshop/AE or similar . This type of animation often has clean BG's a few frames away, so you can clone clean areas into a bad frame. There is no filter or script that can do this alone, you definitely need to use other manual tools if you want to do a good job.

Replacing with duplicates is not necessarily ideal, because there can be unique frames with camera zoom, but say, a blended mouth. If you replace with duplicate, you lose the smoothness of the camera zoom or motion and it becomes jerky

It depends on how much work you want to put into it, and how good of a job is "good enough" for you. You can divide up the work between other fans, maybe each person spend an hour a day or something
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    AnimeIVTC or srestore leave quite a few problems with blends and bad scene changes.

You can start with that, and clean the remaining blends and fix the rest by compositing/paint/clone parts of frames with photoshop/AE or similar . This type of animation often has clean BG's a few frames away, so you can clone clean areas into a bad frame. There is no filter or script that can do this alone, you definitely need to use other manual tools if you want to do a good job.

Replacing with duplicates is not necessarily ideal, because there can be unique frames with camera zoom, but say, a blended mouth. If you replace with duplicate, you lose the smoothness of the camera zoom or motion and it becomes jerky

It depends on how much work you want to put into it, and how good of a job is "good enough" for you. You can divide up the work between other fans, maybe each person spend an hour a day or something
    While timetaking and manual, i think, for a complete blend-removal goal, this is the best solution.

Just need some help to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Very timetaking, just found out the anime has 102 episodes and not 24 as I initially thought
    Quote Quote  
  9. Also @RGMOfficial have you checked out the SDBD release?
    Quote Quote  
  10. No, yet. I don't have them, sadly. I'm from an country where the SDBD is not officially released.
    I did heard Discotek's English SDBD is a better source (ignoring the cropping), since they used the original analog masters without Frontier Works's strange seizure edits.

Maybe someone have an direct rip, so i can analyse more carefully.
    Quote Quote