VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    So I usually record my gameplay through the Avermedia Live Gamer 4K and it's RECentral 4 software. It's a load of junk. I've had plenty of my videos get corrupted during some parts, and Avermedia is not helping.
    Code:

Are there any other software alternatives or codecs that work with Amarec/Vdub allow support for NVENC encoding?

OBS would've been the perfect option...had it not been for the fact that I also record games from consoles that output oddball refresh rates (example: 59.83hz instead of 59.94hz). OBS doesn't really support custom frame rates for capture cards so there's a duplicate frame every 1000 frames or so. Really annoying since RECentral handles it better than OBS (even if there's a drop, it's not as bad as OBS).

I tried the good ol' ffmpeg command prompt and I cannot record at native resolution for the life of me because Avermedia can't be bothered to support common resolutions in their EDID. It's ridiculous.

Code:
    ffmpeg -f dshow -rtbufsize 2048M -video_size 1600x1200 -r (59830/1000) -i video="AVerMedia HD Capture GC573 1":audio="AVerMedia HD Capture GC573 1" -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow -qp 18 -c:a copy -f segment -segment_time 362439 -strftime 1 "F:\~ffmpeg recordings~\output\%%Y-%%m-%%d_%%H-%%M-%%S.mkv"
    Code:
    [dshow @ 0000025115d3f7c0] Could not set video options
    video=AVerMedia HD Capture GC573 1:audio=AVerMedia HD Capture GC573 1: I/O error
    Amarec works fine with native res and oddball refresh, albeit only at YUY2 max instead of 4:4:4 RGB (despite working with 4:4:4 RGB on every resolution that's "officially supported", you can't even record 720p59.94 in RGB which is ridiculous). Is there's a GPU accelerated codec that'll work with it? NVENC really helps me out. I'm not looking to record losslessly. I'm just looking for a good quality capture.
    Last edited by ENunn; 13th Jan 2021 at 02:00.
    Quote Quote