VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have seen videos that had logos and then were removed but I don't know how they did it.
    The videos are on youtube and when someone rips it and put hardcoded subs onto the video, s/he also removed the logo that was present on the upper right of the video without leaving any smudge or blurry marks.
    Check out these screenshots of the original video and the hardsubbed video.
    [Attachment 56205 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 56206 - Click to enlarge]

Can someone please tell me how I can remove logos without leaving any mark? I want to get the results as in the screenshots.
    I can't live without my computer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There are lots of logo removers that can remove translucent logos very well. There are no logo removers that can remove opaque logos without leaving crap, except in special circumstances (flat backgrounds, static backgrounds, etc.).

In the case of the image you posted you can just overlay another part of the flat(ish) background over the logo. Or you in inpaint from the area around the logo. Your first image after Dekafka(70, 42, 116, 110, 255), an infiller, in AviSynth:

[Attachment 56209 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by jagabo; 12th Dec 2020 at 08:33.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    There are lots of logo removers that can remove translucent logos very well. There are no logo removers that can remove opaque logos without leaving crap, except in special circumstances (flat backgrounds, static backgrounds, etc.).

In the case of the image you posted you can just overlay another part of the flat(ish) background over the logo. Or you in inpaint from the area around the logo. Your first image after Dekafka(70, 42, 116, 110, 255), an infiller, in AviSynth:

[Attachment 56209 - Click to enlarge]
    But how do I overlay another part of the background over the logo when the video is changing scenes?
    Can you show me the steps?
    I don't know how to use AviSynth.
    And what are the good logo removers that are free?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by aruwin View Post
    But how do I overlay another part of the background over the logo when the video is changing scenes?
    You can't -- that's why I said "in special circumstances." Using that white blob in the top right corner of the image you posted as an example:

Code:
    clean = crop(202,40,24,32) # the area just below the blob, coordinates are x, y, width, height
    Overlay(last, clean, x=202, y=8) # overlaid over the blob
    [Attachment 56219 - Click to enlarge]

But if there was more detail there that wouldn't work well.

Originally Posted by aruwin View Post
    AviSynth: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/External_filters#Logo_Removal
    VirtualDub: http://www.infognition.com/VirtualDubFilters/subtitles.html
    Last edited by jagabo; 12th Dec 2020 at 22:51. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  5. Does this work moving logos or is it for static logos only?
    Quote Quote  
  6. What you mean by "moving" logos? A logo that changes position on the screen? An animated logo (that otherwise stays in the same location)? And which "this" are you asking about? I mentioned several things.

The technique in the AviSynth script I gave only works if there is a portion of the frame that can be copied over the logo without creating an obvious discontinuity. In the sample image the background just below the white smudge as about the same color and intensity as the background around the white smudge. So I was able to copy that bit of background over the smudge seamlessly. That's why it's a "special circumstance". That will not work with most video where things are moving around or with more complex backgrounds. For example, it wouldn't work with this:

[Attachment 56220 - Click to enlarge]

There's nothing else in the picture that would seamlessly hide the logo.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You can't -- that's why I said "in special circumstances." Using that white blob in the top right corner of the image you posted as an example:

Code:
    clean = crop(202,40,24,32) # the area just below the blob, coordinates are x, y, width, height
    Overlay(last, clean, x=202, y=8) # overlaid over the blob
    [Attachment 56219 - Click to enlarge]

But if there was more detail there that wouldn't work well.

AviSynth: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/External_filters#Logo_Removal
    VirtualDub: http://www.infognition.com/VirtualDubFilters/subtitles.html
    Thank you for the links.
    But can these softwares work on mp4 files?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by aruwin View Post
    But can these softwares work on mp4 files?
    Yes.
    Quote Quote