VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. It's time. What's the smoothest route? Will all the 32-bit filters still work or will I need to use two Avisynths?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    The smoothest route is to do a brand new separate install of whatever 64-bit AVISynth front-end you choose. I use meGUI.

32-bit filters don't work in 64-bit unless you use mp_pipeline or other like methods. But then that kind of defeats the purpose. Almost all of the most useful filters (at least in my opinion) have been ported to 64-bit, but sometimes it can take a bit of hunting around on avisynth.nl and doom9.org for everything. Keep your 32-bit installation just in case.
    Quote Quote  
  3. So if I do the brand new x64 install, how do I switch between versions? Like, if I have an AVS script I'm about to open with virtualdub, how do I choose which Avisynth will be the middleman?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Aludin View Post
    So if I do the brand new x64 install, how do I switch between versions? Like, if I have an AVS script I'm about to open with virtualdub, how do I choose which Avisynth will be the middleman?
    32 bit vdub or 64 bit vdub.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Aludin View Post
    So if I do the brand new x64 install, how do I switch between versions?
    Over here I use the "Universal Avisynth Installer", you can switch between 7 different versions of Avisynth, including x64 versions.
    Btw, I never saw any significant improvement to justify the use of x64 versions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen claims of ~15% improvement with QTGMC in Avisynth+ x64, which isn't exciting enough. I still stick with the 2.6 currently, but I'm pretty much limited to rec709/8-bit. Avisynth+ doesn't look that painful of a switch though.
    Quote Quote