VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The colour's already wrong, I figure it can't hurt to at least see if it can be done.

It's on a scene change, there doesn't seem to be any blending yet it's paler than the previous frame.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've never found anything.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. ColourLike(). Or just copy the next/previous frame over it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you looking for an automatic solution, or are you willing to make your way through the video manually fixing the scene changes as you go along?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ... Don't you read doom9? I'm writing a powershell script to split episodes into scenes so I can work on each scene individually. This particular frame is actually a single field, although I'm pretty sure the discolouration begins in the previous frame although it just looks like noise there though. The discolouration could have just bled there from the final frame through filtering or referencing maybe... not sure.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    ... Don't you read doom9?
    You know I do, so I'm not sure the point of the question. And I know nothing about powershell scripts but I know how to get rid of discolorations on either side of scene changes, but only by going through the videos from beginning to end. Nothing automatic. If you split the videos into individual scenes, I know how to get rid of the discolorations at the beginning and/or end of those scenes. jagabo already mentioned one way:

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Or just copy the next/previous frame over it.
    By which he may be referring to the AviSynth FreezeFrame command. Both he and I know another way that saves much of the writing FreezeFrame requires. So, again, if this is something automatic you want, well I know of this which duplicates all scene change frames with the frames both immediately before and after them. Personally, I don't find it so useful because it always duplicates the frames and sometimes duplicates frames you don't want replaced (the dfactor setting is important) while I prefer something that duplicates only the ones needing replacing. Maybe you want them all replaced, in which case you might like it

It needs RemoveDirt:

A=Last
    prev = A.selectevery(1,-1)
    next = A.selectevery(1,1)
    SCclean = A.SCSelect(next,prev,A,dfactor=2.0) # 2.0 ~ 5.0

return(SCclean) # return(restore) for NO scenechange cleanup
    Last edited by manono; 17th Jan 2016 at 18:03.
    Quote Quote