VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. I am looking for a software/tools that could convert from mp4/avi format using ffdshow (directshow) subtitle settings then convert the file to mp4 (h264) format with hardcoded subtitles.

Before I am using winavi to do this but in their latest version which is version 11, it does not support ffdshow (thru directshow) in hardsubbing english subtitles anymore. I also tried format factory but it also doesn't support ffdshow in hardsubbing english subtitles. Both these two softwares have their own settings to hardsub subtitles into the video.

I like to use the ffdshow in hardsubbing to subtitles because the settings is flexible and easy wherein you can actually specify what font to use and what is the exact vertical position you want to put the subtitles.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    pandy: I had already download graphstudionext. But I cannot find any options how it can encode to a new mp4 file with the subtitles hardsub to it. Can you send me a link of any tutorials that will help me do this?

Just a clarifications, graphstudionext can encode to a new mp4 file with hardsub subtitles, is this right?

This is what i want to do:
    Input: avi or mp4 files, srt files
    Output: avi or mp4 files (with hardsub subtitles embed in the video) using ffdshow filter

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys. Please suggest encoders which is easy to use like the winavi and I can specify the output format resolution whether 720p or 1080p.

And it should support ffdshow directshow in hardsubbing subtitles to the video. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. you need video encoder - something like x264vfw and you need mp4 multiplexer filter (not sure if such filter exist) - after brief search: http://www.gdcl.co.uk/mpeg4/ and perhaps https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/35be9b17-68a4-4957-b2fd-...howdevelopment

Originally Posted by cuteforever View Post
    I can specify the output format resolution whether 720p or 1080p.
    You need configure ffdshow resizer to output proper frame size (720 or 1080).

You may consider to rethink your approach and for example use ffdshow as avisynth filter or search for better alternatives.
    Quote Quote  
  5. avisynth + directshowsource + textsub if you configure ffdshow properly . Maybe xvid4psp is semi-easy GUI if you configure it to use directshowsource

Or another option is to convert subs to .ass . Then you have more options and control than ffdshow over subs
    Quote Quote  
  6. VirtualDub works fine for this. I wrote a little guide for using it.
    All this took a while to figure out - I am leaving out all the ways I tried but did NOT work!
    Quote Quote