VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So I have some videos taken with a mobile phone “Nokia 6288”. And I want to convert them from *.3gp to *.Avi (or something else). But no conversion program could do this. I even couldn’t open them with any player using my installed codec’s. I tried: BSplayer Pro (v2.1), VLC (v0.8.5), QuickTime Player (v7.2), Windows Media Player (v9), Zoom Player, Total Video Player, and Classic Player. I finally managed to open them with KMplayer (because it uses its own codec’s). VLC (v0.8.5) couldn’t open them.
    When I try to convert them with “Total Video Converter” it just opens me the desktop in a window. When I try to convert with “Zvei-Stein” it asks me for the directory, I give it the right directory mentioned it the message and it doesn’t load the file. When I try to convert with “Xilisoft 3gp Video Converter 3” it gives me a “fail” message at the start. As if the file doesn’t exist in some cases. I didn’t try VirtualDub (I think it doesn’t support it). KMplayer plays the file fine. I got an “Access violation at address 1C4052F2 in module “NeAudio.ax”. Read of address 00000000” with Zoom player. The others gave other errors.

Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Try the program Super to convert them. It understands 3gp format. Nokia makes a free conversion program that can convert various video formats to 3gp and it has a player for PCs that can play 3gp files, but it's the only thing I've seen except for Super that understands 3gp.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    "Media Player Classic" also plays 3gp.
    You should be able to convert it to any other format with FFmpeg.

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic336282.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have downloaded a 3gp clip and when it convert it cut most the clip out from a minute to 10 sec
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Three weeks ago, I converted a.3gp file to .mpg by using
    ffdshow + Avisynth's DirectShowSource + TMPGEnc.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    Try the program Super to convert them. It understands 3gp format. Nokia makes a free conversion program that can convert various video formats to 3gp and it has a player for PCs that can play 3gp files, but it's the only thing I've seen except for Super that understands 3gp.
    one of the other guys mentioned it as super, actually it is super c, and it is free.
    Quote Quote