VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    let me start by sayign what im doing ,

I collect the movie trailers off of apple.com , to play on my home theater system because alot of the trailers are good demo matterial , 5.1 sound

I used to use tmpgenc software to encode the video , then I would extrack the audio and save it as an ac3 file in another program to kep the 5.1 , in the long run , it takes forever when you have 35 trailers at a tiem to do ,

Then I came along convertxtodvd, it works great, all I have to do is load the trailer in the program and it keeps the 5.1 audio even after it encodes ,, however the video quality isnt as high , because it doesnt let you choose what you want the bitrate to be, I like to keep mine around 8000 or 9000

so is there a program that will do what Im needing to do ? all in one wack

i tried avs tools, and it works hoever it transformers my 5.1 audio into 2.0 and I dont want that

PLEASE HELP me ,

thanks guys
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt you will find any all-in-ones that do much of a better job than ConvertX. But why not 'batch file' them into a encoder like TMPGEnc instead? If the audio is AC3, don't put that into TMPGEnc, just add it after you have encoded to DVD MPEG format.

And in ConvertX, have you set the encoding quality to 'High quality / Slow encoding'? It should fill up the DVD and the bitrate should depend on the playing time of all your videos. At 8500Kbps, you will get a little more than a hour and ten minutes of video on a DVD-5. Try a bitrate calculator to see. https://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so , the video quality should be good

no the audio oin the trailers is in aac format, which i love about the convertxtodvd program , because it keep my 448 bit sound, its just I cant choose to keep my bandwidth high
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ive used tmpgnec , and when I load the file , it says 5.1 dolby digital , but when i view the outputted source, all i get is static for audio ,

it takes way to long when I have to extract each channel and save it to a wav to later add in dvd author the 5.1 , im needing to get somethign quicker
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    That's like saying I want a V8 with a blower and Nitrous so i have the fastest car in my city but i want it to get the best gas mileage of any car around also 8)

You can't have both.

It also depends on what the spec's of the original "MOV" or W.E. the "Apple" file is also.

Just by converting it to DVD spec's, increasing the res or the bitrate, does not add more information then what is in the original file.

But then again... i've never been a big fan or RM or MOV files....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well for now , im going to continue using convertxtodvd ,

its the fastest method

i will sson be buying a 320 gig external hardive just to save all my hd trailers lol
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Processing 6 Channel AAC audio is tougher than one might think. Also, the channel mapping doesn't translate 1:1 to 5.1 AC3 . It is a lot easier mixing it down to 2 tracks and encoding to AC3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quality takes time and skill. You won't find that in an all-in-one tool. All you'll get there is convenience (usually), at the cost of quality.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote