VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My mediaplayer is a Raspberry Pi 2B with OpenElec and Kodi.
    Connected to it is a HDD, ext3 formatted. On the HDD are videofiles, TS or mp4. File sizes range from 1.5 Gb to 8 Gb.

During playing a concert, I hear over a period of 1.5 - 2 hrs on average five short soundglitches (glitches are not in the video). During repeat these glitches are not occurring at the same spot, so are not present in the videofile.

What I notice is that these glitches are absent in the first part of the concert and start to take place after some 1 hr playing.

I have no idea what might be the cause.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Random noise could be anything from a power spike, a failing component, radio interference including from other unshielded appliances, to your neighbours microwave. It really is hard to say. Try a mains conditioner first.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Random noise could be anything from a power spike, a failing component, radio interference including from other unshielded appliances, to your neighbours microwave. It really is hard to say. Try a mains conditioner first.
    Indeed, it is hard to say, but the possible causes mentioned donot explain why the glitches predominantly occur after about 1 hr playing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sounds like cellphone... they from time to time checking/reporting to BTS. Provide sufficient (physical distance) separation from your setup and suspected source.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I am now convinced that it is an artefact, caused by AV sync. I just modified the default AV setting in the Pi / Kodi. It will take some time before I can decide that the glitches are definitively gone.
    Quote Quote