VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to play an interactive dvd on macOS 14 Sonoma on an M2 macbook. It works and loads on the stock dvd player, but I can't seem to get the menus loaded in VLC, it just immediately jumps into the first scene and doesn't respond to inputs. I've installed libdvdnav through brew already.

Is there another software option that also supports blu-rays? Or am I stuck going back and forth between the stock dvd player and VLC?

Any help is apreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zhongtiao1 View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to play an interactive dvd on macOS 14 Sonoma on an M2 macbook. It works and loads on the stock dvd player, but I can't seem to get the menus loaded in VLC, it just immediately jumps into the first scene and doesn't respond to inputs. I've installed libdvdnav through brew already.

Is there another software option that also supports blu-rays? Or am I stuck going back and forth between the stock dvd player and VLC?

Any help is apreciated!
    try installing libdvdread - https://www.videolan.org/developers/libdvdnav.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by zhongtiao1 View Post
    Hi Everyone!

Any help is apreciated!
    try installing libdvdread - https://www.videolan.org/developers/libdvdnav.html
    libdvdread is installed by default when you install libdvdnav through brew.
    Quote Quote