VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There's a "Blackmagic WDM Capture (DirectShow)" listed in capture devices, but when I select it it shows no video or audio sources, there's no preview, and most of the menu options are greyed out. I can capture fine with the software that comes with the Shuttle.

Is it possible to make this work?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like that you may need to configure the options under the "Capture Filter" tab in Virtual Dub, selecting the appropriate input from that menu should allow you to get a signal.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think that means the capture diver is locked to the capture hardware, or to a proprietary software module (eg, DXtory) and can't be used by VirtualDub.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by raffriff42 View Post
    I think that means the capture diver is locked to the capture hardware, or to a proprietary software module (eg, DXtory) and can't be used by VirtualDub.
    I do believe there is a way to get the Shuttle to work with Virtual Dub, OP stating that a direct show device is appearing is a good sign that it does.

You might want to read through this post about configuring the device properly for use. After you configure it properly in the bundled software you may have better luck getting working in Virtual Dub.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Polsom View Post
    It sounds like that you may need to configure the options under the "Capture Filter" tab in Virtual Dub, selecting the appropriate input from that menu should allow you to get a signal.
    It's greyed out.

Everything is set correctly in the control panel.

Others seem to have got it to work, so I'm assuming it does.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Got it! I'm apparently supposed to select "Decklink Video Capture (DirectShow)", instead of the Blackmagic one, which un-greys the 'Capture filter' menu option. Setting that to match the source results in a preview appearing in VDub.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm happy to be wrong here. Thanks for following up! (not everyone does this)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It annoys the hell out of me when I Google a problem and find a forum thread that's just died off, or someone's gone 'never mind, fixed it' with no details, so I try to remember to conclude things.

I forgot once. Had the issue recur, dug up my old thread, and there was no answer.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    It annoys the hell out of me when I Google a problem and find a forum thread that's just died off, or someone's gone 'never mind, fixed it' with no details, so I try to remember to conclude things.

I forgot once. Had the issue recur, dug up my old thread, and there was no answer.
    Yes I certainly find the same thing when doing research online, a lot of people who post on forums don't realize that their conversations are being read by lots of other people in similar situations. Also the fact that these threads will appear in google searches seems to elude people, so it's great when answers get posted in threads.
    Quote Quote