VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I know the review for this product is not so good. But taking into consideration that the user is steadfast hanging on to Windows XP and all my attempt to use software approach had not been effective, it this tool good enough to get video from Sony HD video cam to Win XP system and author into DVD format ?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    that disc says it is for windows 10. doubtful it will run on winxp. what video camera?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    that disc says it is for windows 10. doubtful it will run on winxp. what video camera?
    The video cam is Sony CX405.
    In the product description part, it says Win XP, 7, 8 and 10.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    that camera has a built in usb cable to connect to a pc, it doesn't get any easier. no need for any capture device, just transfer the files.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sony has PlayMemories Home but it wouldn't work on WinXP. I know it best to junk the XP system. The user still have a bunch of older camcorders and familiar with XP system and his home video workflow. I already have a workaround with software approach but he seems to have problem with it. So, I am thinking that this gadget is very similar to his current camcorder video import via Firewire. I "think" he can still capture to AVI format with this device and continue on with his DVD workflow.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    that camera records in XAVC S (HD 50 Mbps) and AVCHD recording onto a memory card. no need for any capture device. take out the card and use a memory card reader attached to the computer. or use the usb cable that is part of the cam to transfer files to the computer.

software to create a dvd from it - good luck with winxp i can't help you there. not only are the video formats probably not supported, the computer is probably way to old and slow to deal with newer types of video.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have placed an order for this item. Yes, I agree that XP is the main road block.
    Will report back once I have tested it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK. I got the unit. It captured OK from HDMI input and output to 720x576. This output is OK for Win XP system.
    Just that the capture software that comes with it only output to DVD format. I need to capture in AVI format.
    Tried using VirtualDub capture but having problem setting the 2GB file size. I will post for help in the Capture section.
    Quote Quote