VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    I have Adobe Premiere Pro v7.0. I have looked on the Adobe site and cannot even find that version. I found the version 1.5 and 2.0. In any case, I am considering moving up to a high def camcorder in the near future, but I won't do it if my Pro v7.0 doesn't have an update for handling HDV. Does anybody know if there is an update for editing and saving HDV for Pro v7.0?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rspunches
    I have Adobe Premiere Pro v7.0. I have looked on the Adobe site and cannot even find that version. I found the version 1.5 and 2.0. In any case, I am considering moving up to a high def camcorder in the near future, but I won't do it if my Pro v7.0 doesn't have an update for handling HDV. Does anybody know if there is an update for editing and saving HDV for Pro v7.0?
    Adobe Premiere 7.0 is the same base program as Premiere Pro 1.0.

The original Premiere ended with Version 6.5.

Premiere "Pro" was a rewrite targeted at XP and DirectShow API back around 2003. V1.0 (aka 7) was considered buggy in the day. Since then v1.5, 2.0 and now CS3 have been the update path.

HDV didn't exist in 2003

Support for HD project resolutions came with v1.5 (2004)
    Support for HDV format import began with v1.5.1 (2005)
    Native HDV project support was introduced in v2.0 (2006)

You can probably create an uncompressed 1440x1080 project format and decompress HDV externally for V7 but it will be very slow to edit.
    Quote Quote