VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Trying to convert an MKV with subtitles that also has 18 fonts as attachments (yes, Goku Sensei uses a lot of strange fonts). I tried using XVID4PSP, which normally does a nice job for PSP and iPod, but it couldn't hack this.

Any suggestions (I assume there are other anime fans out there using their ipods)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. OK, so this is impossible? Or just expensive? Or no one else does this?

Just trying to find a solution, and hoping I'm not really THAT special
    Quote Quote  
  3. What I ended up doing (in case anyone cares):

First went ahead and removed all the various converters I'd put on the machine over time, and all of the players. That in itself took a bit. I then DL'd the MKVExtractGui, and the XVID4PSP packages and installed them.

Using the MKV package, I extracted the attachments and installed the fonts. I then did a separate run to extract the ASS file. Once that was done I ran XVID4PSP with the ipod Phone/Touch option, and giving it the extracted subtitles file.

End result looks pretty good. Occasionally the subtitle gets cut off a bit on the left and right sides, but generally it seems to work.

FWIW...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad you found an answer, and thanks for taking the time to come back and post it for others to read.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes. Excellent job OP. Most people never take the time to say wether problem solved and how they solved it. Good job!
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote