VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Soopafresh

Thanks for all the help to the forum. I see that there are 2 batch files for NTSC, interlaced, progressive.... I am working on mts files from a Canon HF10, which batch file should I use?

I also see that you dropped the xvid creation line. when I added that from one of your previous batch files, nothing worked because now ffmpeg changed all the options.

I ended up using:

for %%a in ("*.avs") do ffmpeg.exe -i "%%a" -threads 2 -vcodec libxvid -s 720x400 -aspect 16:9 -maxrate 3800k -b 3500k -qmin 3 -qmax 5 -bufsize 4096 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ab 160k -ac 2 -y "%%~na_xvid.avi"

Does this look OK? (BTW -threads auto wouldn't work)

Thanks,

I.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everyone.

Google gave me this thread when I was looking for a way to decode my MTS files off my new Canon HF 20. It seems that you can use their program to downgrade the vids to 720x480, but what is the point?

So I started using the Xvid4 proggie mentioned here. It SEEMS to work well, but in trying to get it to decode these puppies to 2 pass MPEG2, I am getting double the framerate (IOW, converting a simple "30" progressive to a "30" gives me a double rate video with regular sound.

Any clue on how to correct this? The vid is still full res, and looks clear, but, as I said, ad 2X the speed......

TIA!

-NH
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try Xvid4PSP instead
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let me state that I'm learning but I'm definitely a video novice. What I shoot is almost exclusively for home use although I do use some for professionally related applications but I certainly don't need hi-end, professional video for those purposes.

I have a Canon HF-20 which of course shoots in AVCHD creating mts files. I use Sony Vegas (7) for editing. I needed a converter and there are allot available online but I was advised about 2 things:

1) Find a converter that is capable of converting mts files to LOSSLESS avi video.
    2) Avoid converters that advertise themselves as a one-size-fits-all "bundle" that can convert anything to anything else because they can be buggy or worse.

After looking around at lots of options I was glad to find this resource and followed "Soopafresh's" suggestions in this thread. I downloaded the Avisynch program/script and the and the avchd_convert_v9.zip also. I followed the directions by putting the mts files I wanted to convert into the folder and ran the script. It created 5 files for each mts file: ac3, avc, avs, dga, and a wav. It appears to me that the avchd_convert_v9 program did all that so I'm not even sure what the Avisynch program/script does, (like I said, I'm a rookie).

Unfortunately, Vegas can't work with what I assume are the video files (the avc's ???) at all. Plus, I no,longer have the mts source files to work with. I'm not sure where to go from here?

Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by kVox View Post
    I'm not sure where to go from here?
    The DGA file references the source video. Without it you can forget about doing anything. If you still had it you could have opened the AviSynth script in VDub just as you can many types of video, and then saved out a lossless AVI (using Lagarith or HuffYUV, for example). Then that AVI could have been edited any way you might have wanted in Vegas. Or, you could have done many types of editing and filtering in the script itself. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

You can make a new DGA file from the AVC video, I suppose.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks manono.

This wasn't particularly comforting: "The DGA file references the source video. Without it you can forget about doing anything."

Uh-ohh. Rookie mistake. I had assumed (perhaps naively), that the conversion process would have given me the option to maintain the original mts files AND simply create new files in another format that could be used to edit. If I'm understanding you, I no longer have the option of working with the video in question. (I was putting together a little presentation for our volunteer group that refurbished and redecorated a room for a wheelchair-bound, 13-year-old girl with cerebral palsy.)

I had already deleted the source video from the camera (and as stated in my original post), I don't have it on my PC anymore.

Does your comment "You can make a new DGA file from the AVC video, I suppose." mean I still have some hope to recover usable video for this project? If not, lesson learned and I'll have to immerse myself in this further so I understand what the heck I'm doing. Duh!.

I previously owned a Sony Handycam that came with software for the conversion process and it did in fact maintain the original mts files while you converted to another format(s) - saved elsewhere - so I sort of assumed I was doing the same thing. Oh well.

Thanks. Have a great day.

kVox
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    If you haven't recorded over that memory space on the camera you can use a simple undelete utility to get the original videos back. I tried that a while back with my hf10 and although I had recorded over the video I was looking for, I did find lots of entertainting karaoke video's made by the previous owner :P.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by kVox View Post
    Does your comment "You can make a new DGA file from the AVC video, I suppose." mean I still have some hope to recover usable video for this project?
    Yes, the AVC file is the video-only portion of the original file. Open it in DGAVCIndex and save out another project file. Then carry on as before. You may even be able to use the original AVS, but when done making the DGA you might open the AVS in Notepad to make sure the paths and names are the same. Try opening the AVS in VDub. If there's something wrong with it it should throw out an error message. If you have Lagarith or HuffYUV installed, then you can make your lossless AVI.
    Last edited by manono; 16th Feb 2010 at 19:48.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi I'm a total noob to this and want to convert .mts files I recorded on my Panasonic HDC-SX5 to a file manageable by windows movie maker.

I followed all the instructions but instead of ending up with an .avs file, I have instead ended up with: an .avc file, .wav file, .ac3 file, avisynth script file and .dga file. Am I doing something wrong? I want to end up with a file that I can burn to dvd using windows movie maker (I assume this is an .avs file???)

Thanks for your help guys, hope someone can point me in the right direction!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    any plans to support the panasonic 60p files for vdub?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fishywishy View Post
    any plans to support the panasonic 60p files for vdub?
    Upload a mts or m2ts file and I'll see
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear
    Soopafresh

thank u for ur good post

i have MTS files and want to upload some clips on youtube but i want to convert this clips before to mp4 high quality full hd 1080 on youtube

i try ur files avchd_convert__vimeo__v9 and it's working fine

just when I want to move the video to the end of it I notice a little freezing even in the video I upload it ..have you notice the same problem?

is there any way to convert videos to avi with the same quality of the original video or near to it?
    hi
    Quote Quote  
  13. Friends.
    i have some mts files and thats in 5.1 channel audio, i want to edit them in any software whichever you will suggest to BLU RAY format with 5.1 channel. right now i am using Vegas and Premiere, but in these softwares they render the video and audio 5.1 seperate files. i want a single file containing both. Please suggest me.
    Thannks
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Soopafreshfor the useful guide.
    Last edited by Zap250; 16th Dec 2011 at 03:41.
    Quote Quote