VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

Let me say at the begging that I'm using Mac OS, and I googled and search'd for the answer about my problem before posting the question here.
    The problem is with the extraction of the key with Widevine extension, the problem is persistent*
    Code:
    "Can't verify license request signature; either the platform is wrong or the key has changed!"
    [Attachment 58276 - Click to enlarge]

Any advice is appreciated.
    tnx
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    That's because the extension works only on Windows
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    That's because the extension works only on Windows
    I'm talking about google chrome extension not the *.dll file, the extension is written in JS and it's not limited to a OS.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Apparently there's an exception with WL3 Decryptor...

"This repository used to contain code to circumvent Widevine L3 DRM in Chrome on Windows machines"
    source: https://github.com/tomer8007/widevine-l3-decryptor

"NOTE: The extension currently supports the Windows platform only."
    source: https://github.com/cryptonek/widevine-l3-decryptor

Anyways, you can install Windows on your Mac.
    Last edited by lfer94; 6th Apr 2021 at 21:05.
    Quote Quote  
  5. i have seen many Programmers use chrome extension "Private keys" with python (Pywidevine , WVClient3 (also limited to windows) ) and C# (WideVineClient).
    JavaScript extension is not the only way to get keys. Programmers can use those chrome private keys to verify server verification and create license challenge with some other programming language to get actual content keys.
    so it is possible to use extension Private keys even in macOS to get content keys. but not with extension as extension uses widevinecdm.dll library which is only for windows.
    Last edited by notaghost; 7th Apr 2021 at 08:49.
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  6. any news about widevine and Mac OS?
    Quote Quote