VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have video (*.avi) and audio (*.wav) and i'm using ffmpeg to as a mux to marge them one file (*.avi)

When the audio is too long then the video - i see that the video is not visible.

1. why its happened ?
    2. how to fix it without cut the audio to end in same time the video end ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How difficult is it to cut a WAV file to match the video length?
    Quote Quote  
  3. its not difficult - but i want first to know why its happened

and second, i want to do it with the original wav file and not to cut it - that mean that at the end of the video i will have freeze video and only the audio will play
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't think anything would freeze the last frame for you....but I'm almost positive if you mux losslessly in AviDemux the music will end(abruptly) when video stops.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yanshof View Post
    that mean that at the end of the video i will have freeze video and only the audio will play
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i video.avi -i audio.wav -c copy -map 0:0 -map 1:0 out.avi
    I think it would be undefined, and therefore up to the player, what happens for the time that only one stream is present. It could show the last frame, or black, or anything else. The three software players I just tried will show the last frame for the audio-only part at the end. One player showed the timing for the video only; audio played longer but the timer stopped. The other two players took the duration of the longer audio stream as the duration of the file. ffmpeg information reads back the output file duration as the duration of the shorter video stream. MediaInfo reads the file duration as the duration of the longer audio stream. I don’t know what player shows no video.
    Quote Quote