VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    custom is set to 0.

This only really seems to happen with Game of Thrones but for some reason two of the episodes in season 4 refuse to rip to 1920x1080. Is there any way to force this in Handbrake? I thought the way to handle this was to switch cropping to custom and set all of them to 0. Unfortunately, a re-rip still leads to a video with black bars on the side.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    On the sides? How many pixels?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah black bars on the sides - the output has a resolution of 1822*1080
    Quote Quote  
  4. I assume resizing is set back to 1920x1080 after cropping is disabled? Are you using "anamorphic none" (modulus 2)?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dont ever see the resolution change when I switch between the options.

I have that setting set to strict
    Quote Quote  
  6. It should if you use anamorphic "none". Set the modulus to 2 so it can use any resizing it likes.

Bluray video isn't anamorphic anyway, it's all square pixels, so give anamorphic "none" a try. I don't use Handbrake much myself so I don't know it's quirks. In theory for non-anamorphic video, anamorphic "strict" should give you the same result, but if it's not showing you the output dimensions that way try anamorphic "none" instead.....

The problem might be that auto-cropping causes the resizing to change, but disabling cropping doesn't cause it to automatically change back to the original dimensions. Just a guess. I don't really know.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like I didn't notice the fact that the cropping settings were not at 0 when I switched to Custom. I was able to re-encode the two episodes that were giving me issues with cropping.

Thanks for the help guys!
    Quote Quote  
  8. How to add black bars in video using handbrakecli command

I tried to execute below command
    HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "D:\source.mp4" -t 30 --angle 1 -c 1 -o "D:\desti.mp4" -f mp4 -w 1280 --loose-anamorphic --modulus 2 -e x264 -q 20 --start-at duration:0 --stop-at duration:65 --vfr -a 1 -E av_aac -6 dpl2 -R Auto -B 160 -D 0 --gain 0 --audio-fallback ac3 --encoder-preset=veryfast --encoder-level="4.0" --encoder-profile=main --verbose=1 --pixel-aspect=2:2

but black bar is not added it increase video's width and height can anyone suggest me what I am missing
    Quote Quote