VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What are the proper steps to creating a disc label in Photoshop and then printing the disc with a R300 printer ?

Do I create a jpeg image in photoshop and then import into Epson Print CD ?

I tried creating a tif file but when I try to import the image doesn't show up in the Browse window.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I just scan the disc, save as a jpeg, import the file in the epson program and change the size to fit the epson layout. Works great.

Posit
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Epson CD Print Program can't import/use TIFF (.tif) files using LZW Compression. When exporting to TIFF format chose "Uncompressed" in the Photoshop filter options. Uncompressed TIFFS will appear in the Epson browzer and can be used.

This is much preferred to the lossy JPEG format...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Why not just use the "lowest compression [photoshop setting = 12]" JPEG. I can never tell the difference between that and any flavor of TIFF or BMP.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is anyone using a Photoshop template they're willing to share ?

What happens if my jpg image is larger than the Epson disc layout, either at the outer edges or the inner rim ? Does the Epson CD Print program ignore that part or the printer still oversprays the ink ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When importing the background image into the Epson Print software you can use the "image adjust" filter to determine what part of your "too big" image gets cut-off in the Epson Print template. Generally, I design my disc images based on a 119mm circle (the actual disc image I want) on a 121mm square background. The default background image import filter in the epson software cuts off the excess so the printer doesn't spray where it shouldn't.

YMMV, experiment a little, have some fun...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks Umbearto,

I printed my 1st disc and it came out almost exact but needs a little fine tuning to get to the edges properly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you're on the right track. I've had to fine-tune the edges for inner and outer diameter for each new media I try. It can be a mighty fine line between having excess ink bead up around the stacking ring and outer edge of the disc, or, leaving a white/silver ring left unprinted around the edges. 1mm adjustments just aren't fine enough; most of the time a .5 adjustment in inner/outer diameter in the Epson Print software is really what is needed. Oh well, Bright Lights - Big City

Happy Printing..!
    Quote Quote