VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How Long Do You Keep Your Rental/Netflix Movies??

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    4 or 5 days

Poll Submitted By Watchmaker

Submit Your Poll Ideas Here
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No credit cards here, so I ma not invited to such parties.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How about what is the most Netfilx rentals in a month?

Me? 20 (4 at a time).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Some keep it for twenty minutes...
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tompika
    Some keep it for twenty minutes...

Yeah, some do
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  

6. I keep them maybe 25 minutes, 8 disks at a time and just send them back ASAP. It's the only way I can make it cost effective. So, about 16 rentals a week X4 would be 64 rentals per month. But that's only if life doesn't get in the way.

Quote Quote  
  7. I've keep them one day (on the 8 plan) and generally get about 28-36 in a month. The turn around time seems longer lately to me. I think they are holding them for an extra day before posting them as getting them. Perhaps the mailman is watching them, who knows..

Whats the most you have actually got in one month??
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortuantely, Netflix isn't viable for me. They 'ship' on Monday and I get them Thursday. Actually they get mine back...and it takes 2-3 days to ship out the movie I have next in queue, apparently they need to check in more before shipping mine out. They show immedite/in stock but they aren't. The Butt-Munchies don't work on Saturday or Sunday, so Monday they are slammed and can't check in everything they get (return reciept showed they got it Saturday, but was checked in Tuesday).

I'm lucky to get 10/month, time to cancel before the next renewal period I do as well with the Library for anything but release for that month.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  9. I kept them for about 60 minutes. The bottle-neck in the turn-around speed is, yes, you guessed, our efficient USPS. I could only get 4-5 batches per month and they started getting lost in the mail. So I quit.....
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the Blockbuster Movie Freedom Pass. So generally 3 movies every day if I can get decent stuff. Unfortunately I am running out of stuff to watch. I just wish my Blockbuster had a better selection. No - Born in East LA, Ed Wood, Superman 2, 3, 4, Rocky 2, 3, 4, 5. No TV box sets except for Sopranos, Six Feet Under and Queer as Folk. No Back to the Future. Oh, I am only talking DVD by the way. Who rents VHS any more?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I live within 30 miles of a NetFlix warehouse so I get mine pretty quickly. My last set I put in mail back to them this past Saturday, Got the new ones today..Tuesday.
    Quote Quote  
  12. For some reason my Netflix rental's are taking longer to get too me also not sure if it was the hurricane or what but i live within less than 30miles from the DC warehouse and it takes the damn things like 4-5days to get too me and it use to take less than 2 i might have to cancel my netflix account (8 at a time plan) and just go to the blockbuster down the street if they don't shape up. I also usually keep them about 1 day or 2 and watch them with my girl or at work while not being busy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Used to be back next day, but now Blockbusters have started renting out all the top films for two nights for the same price - and they've stocked up on some older stuff too, like the early bond films, a few westerns and the like.

Worth going again.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  14. Netflix here, about an hour on the turn-around. Usually get them the next day.

Gotta love that NetFlix!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use the Australian version, WebFlicks. In the past if I get my movies on a Friday, it gives me the weekend to watch the DVD's....since that's what we are all doing aren't we!!! (seems some people can watch 3 movies in a hours or two....amazing )....if I send back on Monday I get another batch the folowing Friday....it only 'just' works out better than the local video store.
    "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Bartman 8)
    Quote Quote  
  16. I have the same problem sullen, I have their Gold Card but I have seen all their free favorites and they rarely get anything old on DVD, its all these old square tape things, what did they ever play on?

I keep movies about two days and generally only rent from my local Blockbuster and sometimes Hollywood video, they tend to get more things on DVD like Initial D or the box tv series sets.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by IonS
    my netflix account (8 at a time plan)
    Holy s! 8?!
    Quote Quote