VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hello guys, I am using Media player classic along with LAV filters and MadVR settings like suggested in one of the sections of this forum. However, although the video quality is amazing, I have always whined about not being able to get a smooth playback, which considerably increases the joy of watching high definition stuff like 1080p MKV files. Any help is much much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you sure it's not your monitor? I have some HD vids that just wouldn't play smoothly but after plugging in my HDTV instead they're fine, I came to the conclusion the monitor is not capable of displaying that resolution at that framerate smoothly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chug a Bug View Post
    Are you sure it's not your monitor? I have some HD vids that just wouldn't play smoothly but after plugging in my HDTV instead they're fine, I came to the conclusion the monitor is not capable of displaying that resolution at that framerate smoothly.
    No dear, it is not my monitor, I am sure about that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    OK, thanks, but, The yellow icon of the program is there, but when i play videos it doesn't change to green as if it doesn't detect the playback. I am using MadVR+Lav filters as said earlier. What should I do now? Thanks for your help @jagabo
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know you have an i7 notebook, but MadVR is reputed to be rather resource intensive. Smooth playback for 1080p may require GPU assist from something more powerful than the CPUs integrated graphics.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I know you have an i7 notebook, but MadVR is reputed to be rather resource intensive. Smooth playback for 1080p may require GPU assist from something more powerful than the CPUs integrated graphics.
    I am capable of playing 30+ GB MKV files with these settings very effectively. I don't think it will be a problem. It is not a CPU integrated graphics, I believe. Just show me the way , pleaseeeeeeeee
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Siamak View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I am capable of playing 30+ GB MKV files with these settings very effectively. I don't think it will be a problem. It is not a CPU integrated graphics, I believe. Just show me the way , pleaseeeeeeeee
    Then, is your notebook graphics card equivalent to a GTS 440, or a GTS 450 or better? When I looked at MadVR a couple of years ago, a GTS 440, or a GTS 450, or better was recommended for GPU assist when using its higher quality settings. People with only a GTS 430 had problems with stuttering playback. That is when I decided MadVR was not for me.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 28th Sep 2013 at 19:25.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Still looking for answers here.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's almost certainly a hardware issue. Most likely related to GPU processing. Guides are just that, guides. They don't work for all hardware combinations.

Try reading or posting here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1357375-advanced-mpc-hc-setup-guide.html

And when you find out what you are doing wrong, please come back and enlighten us.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  10. Start video playback in full screen and press CTRL+J. MadVR will show you current playback statistics. If number of dropped or delayed frames increases you have a problem. In that case see decoder queue stats and rendering time to locate a bottleneck in playback chain.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter View Post
    It's almost certainly a hardware issue. Most likely related to GPU processing. Guides are just that, guides. They don't work for all hardware combinations.

Try reading or posting here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1357375-advanced-mpc-hc-setup-guide.html

And when you find out what you are doing wrong, please come back and enlighten us.
    Originally Posted by Detmek View Post
    Start video playback in full screen and press CTRL+J. MadVR will show you current playback statistics. If number of dropped or delayed frames increases you have a problem. In that case see decoder queue stats and rendering time to locate a bottleneck in playback chain.
    Thanks for your replies. Much much appreciated. I will look into them and post results. Thank u sooo much again

Sent from my HTC Ruby using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  
  12. What GPU and what monitor do you use. I need the exact model to look at the specs.
    Be sure to use automatic refresh rate change built into MPC-HC.
    Let me know if you need more information about MPC-HC. I'm quite familiar with it.
    Quote Quote