VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You backup every movie you purchase? Are you that careless with your toys?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have kids, and dogs who like to chew on things
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you want to continue this covo, IM me, or yahoo me, i dont think everyone wants to see your conversattion
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ROF
    in that case, the videos are $22.99, $24.99, $22.99, plus blanks. Even if you didn't steal them, you are advocating Warez which is a violation of the forum rules. If you did steal them think about everyone you are hurting by your theft. If you like the movies that much support your actors, production people, and those who create the packaging and contents by purchasing the meida.

Don't recommend theft on a site dedicated to video.

and remember,folks,every time you back up a dvd,a little baby seal dies.
    LifeStudies 1.01 - The Angle Of The Dangle Is Indirectly Proportionate To The Heat Of The Beat,Provided The Mass Of The Ass Is Constant.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lol, i thought it was a dolphin ? atleast thats what i heard
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You should learn to keep your valuables out of reach of those who would do them harm. You're telling me your kids are going to be watching "the constant gardener, red eye, or transporter 2"? If they are I think they are old enough to understand the fragile material that is DVDs. As far as dogs go, they make cabinets and shelves for DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RottenFoxBreath

doesn't matter who dies, when you backup rentals you are one step closer to being behind bars. Backups for personal use of media you own is another subject entirely where maybe a seal does die. In any case, the guys and gals who bring you the media including those hourly wage people lose out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have to agree here.

Seems like another warez-kid trying to justify copying rentals. Ooops, I mean, explain the way he mis-phrased that one post.

And I'm sure he has kids. and a dog.

That "my kids screw up the DVDs" defense has always been a total crock of doody.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Now now boys, lets turn down the flames. Its getting too hot.
    Getting back to the original topic of difficulty backing newer titles, tried backing 'Dances with Wolves' , latest trial version of Anydvd, and lastest DvdFabdecrypter. No way was it gonna cooperate. All programs hung up at around the 50% mark. Anyone else had dealings with this title ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Now now boys, lets turn down the flames. Its getting too hot.
    Getting back to the original topic of difficulty backing newer titles, tried backing 'Dances with Wolves' , latest trial version of Anydvd, and lastest DvdFabdecrypter. No way was it gonna cooperate. All programs hung up at around the 50% mark. Anyone else had dealings with this title ?
    Hear Hear. I backed up my Dances with Wolves Extended Edition w/ good ole DVDDecrypter, re-authored movie only using Shrink, split to 2 discs. I assume your talking about the DVD-15(or whatever they call the DVD9 DVD5 flipper) version?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    With just decrypter, on its own ? Its the dvd-9 version. Is it true to assume that the current trend of copy protections crop up at approximately the 50% point of the dvd ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cyflyer
    With just decrypter, on its own ? Its the dvd-9 version. Is it true to assume that the current trend of copy protections crop up at approximately the 50% point of the dvd ?
    The intentional errors and other copy protection placed on DVDs can appear at any point on the disc. Sometimes it's in the first vob other times it's in vob 13. Sony/Tri-Star tends to be in Vob 1_3 or 1_4 but that isn't always the case for them. If you use the latest DVD Fab Decrypter you shouldn't have too much trouble. You can than choose to shrink(yuck!) your backup or direct burn it. For DWW's I recommend direct burn.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by ROF

doesn't matter who dies, when you backup rentals you are one step closer to being behind bars. Backups for personal use of media you own is another subject entirely where maybe a seal does die. In any case, the guys and gals who bring you the media including those hourly wage people lose out.

did i say,anything about backing up rentals,i was meaning backing up dvds in general.and the packaging people need a kick up the arse if there a lot to do with the price of dvds,as i can make a kickass cover and buy a case all for about 15p(30c)-say 20p(40c) including ink.
    and the rest of my 10-15quid goes to the greedy bastards in suits,and overpaid actors.
    bring on the days of digital actors and get rid of the non celebrity talentless twats there are now.
    LifeStudies 1.01 - The Angle Of The Dangle Is Indirectly Proportionate To The Heat Of The Beat,Provided The Mass Of The Ass Is Constant.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Supreme2k
    That "my kids screw up the DVDs" defense has always been a total crock of doody.
    Sorry bro, but i have to argue with you on that one
    Even my own kids have been known to leave dvd's laying around without putting them back in their cases and them getting screwed up, and i have tought my kids since they were in walkers how to tret such items as cd's.

And a couple of buddies of mine, they are brothers, the one is like me!!!!! has tought his kids since they could walk how to hold a cd, and to ALWAYS treat them right, and shit still happens, they are KIDS!!!!!!! you go to the other brothers house and his 12 & 13 year olds have PS2 games, like 10+ out of the cases laying on the floor getting all Fed up!!!!!!

Maybe alot of people say that to sound in bounds, but you would be amazed at how many people let their kids treat dvd's & cd's like it don't even matter!!!

Originally Posted by ROF
    in that case, the videos are $22.99, $24.99, $22.99, plus blanks. Even if you didn't steal them, you are advocating Warez which is a violation of the forum rules. If you did steal them think about everyone you are hurting by your theft. If you like the movies that much support your actors, production people, and those who create the packaging and contents by purchasing the meida.

Don't recommend theft on a site dedicated to video.

Now damn it!!!!!!!!! i'm getting pissed at you!!!!!!
    You keep forgetting how it also fund's terrorism!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok all, I backed up the cave with DVDFab Decrypter ran it through VOB Blanker and opened the files in DVD Shrink and the disc is 4,942. What do I need to do in order to fit it on 1 DVD?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Purchasing DVDs funds terrorism - the terrorism of the senses that is hollywood big budget film making.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Purchasing DVDs funds terrorism - the terrorism of the senses that is hollywood big budget film making.

The worst kind!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ROF

It always amazes me me why in the quest for more profits, the studio's in a grab for more dollars, created a situation that led to placing this temptation before the general public.

If they charged what a lot of these crappy movies are worth, say $7.50
    the result would be probably a four fold increase in sales and the demise of piracy

Simple my dear Watson.

P.S. And the death of Rental Outlets
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can someone help me on my problem please? See above, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by venomva
    Can someone help me on my problem please? See above, thanks.
    Yes, either Shrink it twice, buy a dual layer disc, or watch the movie and realize because of the acting it's not worth backing up.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by venomva
    Ok all, I backed up the cave with DVDFab Decrypter ran it through VOB Blanker and opened the files in DVD Shrink and the disc is 4,942. What do I need to do in order to fit it on 1 DVD?

Thanks in advance
    I always try to figure out how people don't seem to be able fit an entire disc using shrink once
    Anywho, did ya take anything off, like extra audio tracks you don't need, ect.
    Although shrink has always allowed me to back up the largest dvd without removing anything, compression was way below what i would do, but still i could do it with one pass

And i usually just do movie only, if i want to see "purty" menu's & extras i willthrow in the original
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good Point, I'll just do movie only also. Thanks all!!!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Am I the only one who backs up the full DVD and thinks the quality from Shrink is fine, even at 58%? Not sure how you cannot fit it on one disc when there are sliders to decrease the quality percentage, but maybe I'm missing something :P
    Quote Quote  
  24. well, I've tried to back up "the cave" using DVD fab and then DVD shrink.. no luck.. so I ran it through VOB blanker and still no luck. I am using the latest versions of all. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by MrFurious
    well, I've tried to back up "the cave" using DVD fab and then DVD shrink.. no luck.. so I ran it through VOB blanker and still no luck. I am using the latest versions of all. Any help would be appreciated.
    This is sounding familiar. Look here:

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1448399#1448399

The explanation is further elaborated a couple posts down. It appears ARccOS is getting trickier. If you are daunted by PgcEdit, you can accomplish the same thing with this method:

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=51810

As already suggested, sometimes reauthoring main movie only will work when full disc backup does not. (For example, with "The Forgotten", an early ARccOS disc, if you reauthored and used start/end frames to trim the junk at the beginning of the movie, DVDShrink could handle it.)

I wonder if one of you having difficulty could try running the files from DVDFabDecrypter through FixVTS rather than VobBlanker? Then try DVDShrink again? Just for curiosity's sake. If that fails, try one of the above methods.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have just bought The Cave and I want to add Chinese subtitles to it for my family. I just got DVDFab Decrypter and when I clicked "Start", it just froze and it still won't terminate for some reason. And does DVDFab Decrypter rip only the main movie and not the extras? I don't want to waste time by ripping the extras too.

Edit:
    I got the trial version of AnyDVD. I noticed it has a built-in ripper. Should I use that or should I just use DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter?
    Quote Quote  
  27. DVDFabDecrypter does whole disc only.

Have you tried the new ripper (RipIt4Me) yet? Looking like a damn good program, creates a protected sectors list, rips with DVDDecrypter, cleans up any crap with FixVTS. Has been verified to work with newest ARccOS, like Ultraviolet, et. al. Would you mind trying to rip "The Cave" with it?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just used AnyDVD and it works. But the sub times are not correct. So frustrating.

Edit:
    Do VOBs play differently than what is played on the DVD player? For instance, different speeds? All the subs I find are 10 seconds ahead. The English subs I ripped are 1 minute ahead and it doesn't even match with the video I ripped. What the...
    Quote Quote