VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    I have a 10 year old Cambridge DVD99 player, guess I've used it about 4 hours a week for 10 years...
    I usually play 16bit/44.1 DVD-Audio or DVD-Video with just audio and blank screen.
    I've been having problems lately with DVD+RDL dual layer discs that have 24bit/96 audio. (although does it with setting to output at 24/48).
    Certain spots on a bunch of discs pause or have a silent second when playing (not near layer break), also some spots the audio freezes and my player makes what I would describe almost like a grinding sound, this seems to happen at layer break but also has done it just 5-10 minutes into a disc nowhere near layer break...
    The same problems happen at the same spots even when I take the disc out and put it back in, switch the player off and back on etc.
    I've cleaned the laser today with rubbing alcohol and cotton bud and didn't fix it.
    Any idea if it seems like a 'laser' problem in my player or more 'electronics' ? on eBay I can buy a supposedly brand new laser for just $25, but don't want to buy it if it's going to be an 'electronics' problem...
    I could buy a whole new player, but I've always found this player has very nice sound.....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what brand of DVD+RDL blank discs do you use ??
    Verbatim are the best brand.
    how fast are you burning your discs ??
    try 4x speed.
    and what program do you use to burn your discs ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Using Verbatim DVD+RDL burning at 4x speed.
    Burning using Cirlinca DVD-Audio program and sometimes ImgBurn.
    Haven’t had any problems in 10 years until now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    What you see in the video is me pressing skip every few seconds to progress to the next track, then the 5th track in the video at 11 seconds would be the first track after the layer break and you can hear the buzzing sound, does that give you any idea what the issue is?
    This is happening with a bunch of DVD+RDL 24bit/96 discs I’ve burned this week, both DVD-Audio and DVD-Video.
    Here’s the video I just put on my You Tube:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xUZ3dovQYok
    Quote Quote