VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Good day!
    I have a Nintendo DS Lite that randomly freezes while playing it and pressing buttons and you need to restart it. It can even happen right away upon starting the console and pressing some buttons, so I don’t think it’s a matter of over-heating, but rather the button press on the PCB! I opened it up and visually I don’t see anything wrong, cracked, broken or burnt on the PCB and I also tried a different battery. What could be the cause and how could I fix it?
    Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Probably a bad solder joint.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by retroborg View Post
    Good day!
    I have a Nintendo DS Lite that randomly freezes while playing it and pressing buttons and you need to restart it. It can even happen right away upon starting the console and pressing some buttons, so I don’t think it’s a matter of over-heating, but rather the button press on the PCB! I opened it up and visually I don’t see anything wrong, cracked, broken or burnt on the PCB and I also tried a different battery. What could be the cause and how could I fix it?
    Thanks in advance!
    dose it still freeze with no game inserted ??
    does the system have the latest firmware update ??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by retroborg View Post
    Good day!
    Thanks in advance!
    Yes, the problem happens even with no game inserted at the menu option screen
    No, I have not installed any firmware update. It used to work fine.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Probably a bad solder joint.
    Visually it seems fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure the cartridge slot (including its contacts) is clean and unobstructed, and the contacts on your cartridges as well. Since you've opened the DS Lite, you might also go ahead and give the button contacts a (careful) cleaning.

Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Nintendo didn't really give end-users the option to update their handhelds' firmware until the DSi. The DS and DS Lite don't really have any firmware updates, that I'm aware of.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote