VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was recommended AVIDemux after I realized that Virtualdub2 was not going to give me the results I wanted. I wanted to perform a stream copy of a videos that I wanted to upscale but after viewing the video that created clips from, I saw that one of my videos is out of sync. Audio is ahead of the video at certain points and I wonder if I did something wrong to make that happen? I just wanted to make a direct stream copy (or stream copy) of a video but it seems like the audio does not match the video that I wanted to stream copy. Can somebody please help me find a solution? I think I just need to find a better source to create clips from.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What exactly do you want to do?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    What exactly do you want to do?
    I just want to create clips from a video I recorded but I want to stream copy the video as to keep the settings from that same video
    Quote Quote  
  4. Use clever Ffmpeg-GUI (freeware) or Videoredo Suite (payware) to cut.
    The second is able to cut frame accurate.
    Last edited by ProWo; 12th Oct 2021 at 06:06.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will have to try those but mostly the former rather the latter due to it being payware.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
    I will have to try those but mostly the former rather the latter due to it being payware.
    But the 2nd (payware) one does frame accurate edits, which 57ProWo is (I think) guessing that the reason it's going out of sync is that you're not doing all your cuts on I-frames. There aren't any frame accurate free video editors AFAIK.

What's the format/codec of the file? Avidemux can only do frame accurate cuts on MPEG-2 (DVD video format) or MPEG4 ASP (divx/xvid). If it's x264 or x265 (what most .mp4 or .mkv files contain), free editors don't do frame accurate editing.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It was a x264 lossless .mkv file that I planned to convert to mp4. I guess that might had been the problem however maybe I was better with a lossless .avi file instead?
    Quote Quote