VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys... usually I use VidCoder (Handbrake) to take big video files and shrink them to a smaller mkv x265 files, audio I use Popcorn to convert to AC35.1 first then passthrough when converting the video.

I have 2 discs for the Snyder cut of Justice League I want saved to my media server, but as a single file.

Is there a free app to join them together into 1 file? I use to do it all the time, back when everything was DivX avi files. Haven't done it since.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. For videos with same specs this can be done by clever Ffmpeg-GUI too.
    Last edited by ProWo; 11th Aug 2021 at 16:17.
    Quote Quote  
  4. @johns0 MKVToolNix doesn't have that option does it? I use it a lot for removing chapters, adding subs etc... good tool, never knew you could do that with videos.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mkvtoolnix Gui has the merge or append option when the file is added. A box comes up asking you what you want to do
    Quote Quote  
  6. ah... looks like I must've disabled that pop-up years ago because always used it for 1 function. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You don't need the popup. After adding the first part right click on the entry in the Source Files window and select Append Files.
    Quote Quote