VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, my situation is, I only understand English but I have got some videos spoken in German or Portuguese, Spanish etc that I hope to understand what they are talking about, of course they don't have any English subtitles. Is there any free or paid service which could help that? Is Youtube already the best solution?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've watched quite a few badly generated subtitles with poor English grammar on YouTube videos and wondered how they were adding subtitles to all videos so quickly, I wasn't aware that YouTube can generate auto-subtitles ... until now

Having a quick 10 minute search showed TitleBee may be an alternative as it offers viewable timeline subtitles and the ability to auto-generate multiple subtitles in different languages and manual editing if needed

http://www.titlebee.com/

Its available with different packages depending on your needs and support. You pay more for better support

For simple editing or subtitles, there are free ones :

Subtitle Processor
    Subtitle Workshop
    Subtitle Edit Pro

I personally have used Subtitle Workshop, as its free and easy to use and imports or exports pretty much any common subtitle available and editing is very very easy
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    I've watched quite a few badly generated subtitles with poor English grammar on YouTube videos and wondered how they were adding subtitles to all videos so quickly, I wasn't aware that YouTube can generate auto-subtitles ... until now

Having a quick 10 minute search showed TitleBee may be an alternative as it offers viewable timeline subtitles and the ability to auto-generate multiple subtitles in different languages and manual editing if needed

http://www.titlebee.com/

Its available with different packages depending on your needs and support. You pay more for better support

For simple editing or subtitles, there are free ones :

Subtitle Processor
    Subtitle Workshop
    Subtitle Edit Pro

I personally have used Subtitle Workshop, as its free and easy to use and imports or exports pretty much any common subtitle available and editing is very very easy

Hello. Could Titlebee generate subtitles in English which is also translated?

You know I am not making subtitles or editing videos. My primary purpose is to understand what the video in a different language of mine is talking about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Click the link to the TitleBee website, it explains it all and what it can do. It can translate any language in the videos to the correct language subtitles and also translate that subtitle text to other languages

It uses Microsoft Speech recognition software to try and convert the audio to text or subtitle as I'm trying a very quick test on a short episode from Hammer House of Horror

Well, it did work. Results were not great but with some tweaking of the settings you might get better results

Multilingual
    titlebee™ is built from the ground up to support all languages including complex scripts and right-to-left languages including Arabic, Hebrew and Chinese. Let titlebee™ filter your font list to ensure ultimate compatibility.
    Last edited by steptoe; 15th Mar 2021 at 12:33.
    Quote Quote