VideoHelp Forum

Poll: DVD2One....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ready to give the mac version a try.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I only ever used this program once to make a copy of Boogie Nights, it was very quick but I wasn't happy with quality. I only backed the main feature and of course I expected some quality loss but in some parts of the movie it looked like a poorly made DivX. Now I'm not one too pass judgement of a program on my first try, I mean it could have been my fault. Needless to say I have stayed away since then. I'll stick with Instant Copy, it may be slow but imo always good results.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD2one does a good job on projects that are not to large for a down and dirty burn. I do however see a quality issue with blocking in dark backgrounds and fast moving scene. I run multiple workstations so time is not a big issue for me therefore I use IC7 almost exclusive anymore. I like the flexibility and functionality available with all the helper programs and registry hacks plus I like menus and navigation system.

PS: This new DVD Shrink looks interesting too, and wow free.
    (;-{> Dd
    Strength and Honor
    www.dvd9to5.com
    www.dvd9to5.com/forum/
    "For every moment of truth there's confusion in life"
    Black Sabbath/Ronnie James Dio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yeah check out this screenshot of dvd2one:

and dvd shrink:
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've not noticed any quality difference between DVD2ONE and IC so I've got no reason to use a program that takes three hours and doesn't know how to fill a disk!

DVD2ONE all the way!

Regards,

Rob

p.s. Conquest, the first pic is better.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have used dvd2one loads of time and yet to see a quality loss even on
    a big movie like saving private ryan so dvd2one is the number one program to use and its fast
    Quote Quote  
  7. i have used dvd2one on so many movies i can't even count them all. granted most of the movies(movie only) are 4.36 gigs or less after stripping out the extra audio tracks and subs. everyone i have watched has turned out perfect just like the orginal. of course i haven't watched everyone. however i did watch the greenmile and LOTR both are close to 3 hours and i couldn't tell the difference i watched them both ona 64 inch tv. i have tried dvd95copy and I C neither one had better results but was a heck of alot slower. couse all i want is the movie i could care less about the extras or menu so dvd2one is perfect for me and the best.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Only program I have used but does the job 100% of the time for me
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    just done the new harry potter dvd with dvd2one and the qaulity is excellent!
    dvd2one is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. DVD2One gets my vote.

I routinely take 6-7gig movies and crunch them down to 2.5-2.7 gigs with minimal quality loss (sure, it's more like svcd+ quality at this point, but I'm fine with that). As to why, I prefer putting 2 movies on a single disk.

I tried the same with DVDShrink (which is a great prog, btw) but the artifacts were very noticable.

I don't do full disk copies as far as movies go, but for episodic disks (B.o.B., for example) I've found that DVD95copy works great.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    You forgot the obligatory "DVD2one?!?!?!?" button

DVD2One = wha? (hehe)
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using DVD2One for about a month or so now, and see no reason to use anything else.The language feature with full disk mode puts it over the top for me. Also, for some strange reason, problem DVD's ( ones ripped to HD under 4.3 gig that failed to work when burned directly with programs such as copytodvd) work perfectly when run through DVD2One - yes it take 10 - 15 minutes, even without changing final size, but if I know that I won't have a coaster, it's worth the few minutes!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by rhegedus
    I've not noticed any quality difference between DVD2ONE and IC so I've got no reason to use a program that takes three hours and doesn't know how to fill a disk!

DVD2ONE all the way!

Regards,

Rob

p.s. Conquest, the first pic is better.
    Same here.
    Quote Quote