VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello there forum. I'm new here so bare with me. Last week I ran into a batch of at least 10 really old video tapes from a Canon E08 Canonvision 8 Video Camera that my mom and my dad used to record almost everything back in the 90's (I was born in 1990). There's stuff from our first vacations together and even the day when my brother was born so they mean a lot to me.

The thing is, the battery is dead, and due to how old the camera is I'm not expecting to find any replacements. However, I am sure there has to be a way to connect the camera directly to the power supply, but I cant find any info on the DC power adapter required. I found a little hole next to the Video and Sound out's that looks a lot like a DV transformer input.

The battery says 6V 1000mAh on it. But I'm a newbie with electronic stuff so I'm not even sure what that means.

Could you tell me what do I need to run this old machine again? Haha, any help appreciated By the way sorry if this is the wrong forum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think DV existed in 1990. Post a picture of the little hole. According to this, your camcorder was 6V DC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is a Video8 camera, not DV.
    The unknown input is for a power supply.

I don't even have a battery for my Hi8 camera. It runs purely from the wall plug.

eBay probably has some more plugs.
    I've even found rare MicroMV parts on eBay, to fix my camera.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote