VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I would like to clean my old VHS tape and get the best quality possible but I don't know what VirtualDub filters/AviSynth scripts to use and in which order. I'm complete newbie at this and have no experiences how to do it so I'm asking for help and hope you will give me some good advices.

Below are attachments...

Thanks !
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	S1.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	43989  

Click image for larger version

Name:	S2.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	43990  

Name:	S3.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	43991  

Name:	S4.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	43992  

Name:	S5.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	43993  

Quote Quote  
  2. Pictures are less than useless. Provide some untouched video direct from your captures. 10 seconds each should be plenty. You might also say how you captured the tapes to the computer - what hardware and software you used.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I didn't capture this tape. I went to the video store where they did it for me several years ago so I don't have a clue what hardware/software was used.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The image skew cannot be fixed in software. You need to capture with ES10 inline. No other way.

The "video store" was a bunch of hacks using low-end consumer garbage. You got ripped off. They did a horrible job for you. Almost none of that can be fixed in software.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, the upper part is ruined. You can cover it with black easily enough. Short videos will still be useful.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't have any equipment at home so I went to video store because I wanted to have this video on DVD but as you said they did a horrible job.

If there is something that can be fixed please tell....in other case I will try to find someone who will capture that VHS tape properly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only "fix" is to get it re-done ... correctly this time.

If all you have is WWF videos, then the $10/monthly WWE Network has Raw Replays. Download those.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have other videos too...I just wanted to get your opinion if there is something I can do.
    Quote Quote