VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, the thing is, I always encoding a MKV movie with Handbrake and with GPU NVenc without no problems, my computer is i3 with Nvidia GT 710 2gb, Windows 10,today I upgrate the processor to an i5 and I try to encode but Handbrake donīt takes the GPU, now take the CPU... I tried to re install Nvidia drivers but not case

I dont know understand, everything was fine, what can I do? re install all the system because the processor upgrate? any idea?

Thank You in advance!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, anytime you upgrade the cpu, even if it's only a drop in with no other upgrades, it's always a smart idea to reinstall the OS.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Yes, anytime you upgrade the cpu, even if it's only a drop in with no other upgrades, it's always a smart idea to reinstall the OS.
    i think you should have formatted ...

Or .. try with staxrip or mediacoder and discard if it is HandBrake o Windows 10 the issue
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sekininsha View Post
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Yes, anytime you upgrade the cpu, even if it's only a drop in with no other upgrades, it's always a smart idea to reinstall the OS.
    i think you should have formatted ...

Or .. try with staxrip or mediacoder and discard if it is HandBrake o Windows 10 the issue
    Thank You both for answer, I donīt have any problems with Handbrake, till now, I re install Windows 10 and now I notice the GPU temps raise but very slow but the processor temps raise very fast, I dont know all I did was replace the i3 for i5

I donīt know I think this, I have cooler stock (is it maybe a part of problem?) and like i3 is more powerfull than i3 maybe is taking temps faster?

The other thing is, when I select NV enc in theory the encoder takes the GPU for the job and not the CPU?

Thank You in advance!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You guys I just take off again the fan cooler and I notice that the thermal paste was not enought so I put some more and now everything seems fine
    Quote Quote