VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I wish to split a DL DVD to 2 DVDRs. I have ripped the DVD to my hard drive, and now wish to copy it to 2 DVDRs. I do not want to compress it in any way, I must retain the original data rate and compression. I just want to split the movie to span 2 DVDRs.

Can this be done on a Mac? If so, what software is required?

I've searched the forum, but I haven't seen an answer to this question. Once again, I'm not interested in using DVD2OneX or anything else to compress or alter the original movie in any way.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD2onex does not always compress. You can do it by selecting join, then layers. Select the first layer rip it, burn it, then do the same with the second layer.
    A picture is worth a thousand words, but a good camera is worth about a thousand bucks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stanislawski
    DVD2onex does not always compress.

I can vouch for that.....

I have used this method numerous times with long movies, "Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, for example and no compression was applied.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can I go about in the same way if I have DVD9 .ISO files made on pc - that I mount and contain a single VIDEO_TS folder at around 8 Gb, and how would i put everything back together again to get an exact copy as the original?
    Itīs ultra important that there arent a bunch of those hidden files in there in case cause when reseeding for bittorrent I will get hashcheck error and the whole point of the procedure is useless.

It is just for storing of large movies and I dont need to play them in standalone player.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Toast 9 can span over more than 1 disk...
    Quote Quote  
  6. DVD Remaster also does a great job on this. You can select the movie to be on one disc and everything else on another disc.
    Quote Quote