VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Just take an unused space in your home and set up a clean-room, buy a clean-suit(one with an enclosed resperator obviously)and be done with it, sheesh.

edited for spelling error that Mr. 8.... so caringly immortalized in his post. Thanks for that. :P
    my t.v. is wide and so am I.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tiny71
    Just take an unused space in your home and set up a clean-room, buy a clean-suite(one with an enclosed resperator obviously)and be done with it, sheesh.
    Since I live in a large mansion with 9 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in Beverly Hills, I think that you are on to something. I will convert my toe-nail cutting room into a "clean suite". It is gonna be a big investment putting in all those air filters and buying gas masks and such, I wonder if it isnt easier just to buy two copies of a movie and use the second as a backup, since I can afford it anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by 888888

I wonder if it isnt easier just to buy two copies of a movie and use the second as a backup, since I can afford it anyway.
    Don't be absurd, that is just being wasteful….that money could be better spent on getting your pets dinner dishes gilded with gold and inlayed with opals.
    my t.v. is wide and so am I.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's a bit surprising no-one mentioned the possibility that the drives themselves MIGHT be the ones making the discs linty. I've opened a fair number of DVD-ROM drives (unscrewed their covers off, knowing what I do, and not voiding an expired warranty anyway, handling the delicate carriage and laser assembly with feather touches) in the course of cleaning PCs up prior to upgrading them or whatnot; these drives, along with the rest of the PC interior, are literally filled with chockfuls of dirt, lint, hair, etc. Static electricity will do its role to make any piece of lint in the drive cling onto a disc surface, noting that 888888 verified he did insert clean discs. Compressed air onto discs and other forms of ensuring they are clean before insertion will only help so much; innards of any DVD-R drive well past the one year old mark need inspection/cleaning as well.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote